Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

new Blackjack pics

Discussion in 'Elite Explorer Registry' started by Spas, June 8, 2002.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1. Spas

Spas Explorer addict Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Freakland, Pa
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    '95 Sport
    Brian, that seriously had to be a one in a million shot! Too bad I didn't buy a lotto ticket instead, huh? Lol!

Not a bad idea! To be honest, the outsides of the rims are still mostly gorgeous though.. it makes me smile every time I look at them. They're like... rolling art :)

Attached Files:

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. sn0border88

sn0border88 Master Apprentice Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Souderton, PA
    1992 XLT
    I will be home the weekend of the 17th and thanksgiving so anytime you want drop it off.

4. Blee1099

Blee1099 Evil Asian EF Vendor Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
    Elkridge, MD
    Cool beans on finding that other wheel. Holy crap.. Those things cost $2K for a set of 4..

5. Spas

City, State:
    Freakland, Pa
    '95 Sport
    Was browsing through the many links I have saved to provide inspiration in my rebuild and thought you all might like to see why I'm so interested in having S&W build my mutant 3 link frame/rollcage....

Blair's Cherokee

Yes, that Cherokee actually has a frame. They built the whole thing, and it runs 10's :eek:

...and you guys think I'M crazy! :confused:

6. ExplorerSport77

ExplorerSport77 Show Ready

City, State:
    Phoenixville,Pa
    '99 Sport "Hotness"
    girl that s!@t is offfffff the hook!....i cant wait to see jack rearing up like that!

7. Spas

City, State:
    Freakland, Pa
    '95 Sport
    If he actually stands up like that I'd have a heart attack! LOL!

8. Spas

City, State:
    Freakland, Pa
    '95 Sport
    I'm making some very slow progress while waiting for the idiot lawyers to finally set a date for the arbitration that I agreed to TWO MONTHS ago.. I've taken apart most of Blackjack's interior and now I've only got the dash, steering column, windows and some misc interior bits to pull. Next is getting the drive train out, which will hopefully be happening some time in March. It's been difficult to do what has to be done because of my @$$hole boss's restrictions about working on our personal vehicles, so I only have my lunch hour and a few hours on Saturday to devote to Jack. That, and it's still pretty damn cold outside *shivers* I'm getting there, slowly but surely.

Still my favorite place to be :)

[​IMG]

9. IZwack

IZwack Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
    Germantown, MD
    1998 Ford Explorer
    Yeah the weather has been a distraction. But the All Ford Nats is just around the corner!
    [​IMG]

(rabbit = good!)

10. vroomzoomboom

vroomzoomboom Elite Canuck STOCK SUCKS! Elite Explorer

City, State:
    selkirk, manitoba
    98 supercharged 347 sport
    bah, that would be a heat wave up here this time of year!!!!

11. Spas

City, State:
    Freakland, Pa
    '95 Sport
    LMAO, IZ! It's bunny weather!

12. Spas

City, State:
    Freakland, Pa
    '95 Sport
    This is becoming quite the bad habit here....

In the last month we've had not one, but TWO out-of-staters who gave up their Explorers rather than fix their mechanical issues. I had the opportunity to buy one, a '99 EB, for pretty cheap. I just can't say no to these things :rolleyes: As much as I would LOVE to have a 4 door to putt around in again (since Morgan is hardly the greatest daily driver ever), this poor thing has a VERY serious rust issue as well as a bad fuel pump and some completely annihilated rear brakes. Plus I still need v8 bits for Blackjack and my boy Port needs a 302 for one of his Stangs. The other customer had an '01 sport with tensioner death rattle and no oil pressure. Haven't got my hands on that one yet but if I do, it's getting Frankenstein's SOHC once I pull his body in two months.

I'm getting really good at killing the poor things :( Hopefully after this I only have one more to destroy and then I can go back to breathing life into the little buggers.

Looked pretty from 20 feet away..
    [​IMG]

I adore dark charcoal interiors. I'm trying to figure out a way to make myself a two-tone sporty :)
    [​IMG]

1.5 hours and a lot of caffiene later
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

World's biggest dork chopping off the exhaust with our "sparkle wrench" (again, know how I know you're gay, Port? ONLY YOU WOULD CALL A TORCH A "SPARKLE WRENCH" :D)
    [​IMG]

Lenny and I finished off the killing last night
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Naturally, things did not go smoothly and one of my coworkers had a pissy fit because I got the truck and he didn't... so he ratted me out to the boss :fire: Ya know.. I wonder who is worse to work with sometimes, catty women or catty men. Lol. Whatever.

This is the little golden sporty I would love to have as a DD, but time will tell.
    [​IMG]

AAAAAAAAAAAAAND, picture candy time! Looky what we got in :)
    [​IMG]

She sounds purty :D

As for Jack, the arbitration date is April 28th and it will take a month to recieve whatever the arbitrator deems my case is worth. I can get anywhere between 10 and 35 thousand, but I have steep medical bills and my ridiculously LAZY ASS lawyer gets 40% so he's not trying very hard. We'll see. I'm not making too many plans right now, just kicking back and waiting to see what happens. And hoping. Lots of hoping.

13. Blee1099

City, State:
    Elkridge, MD
    Port the gay mechanic.. Who would have guessed.

14. vroomzoomboom

City, State:
    selkirk, manitoba
    that's not fair! your tripping over these things, and i cant for the life of me find a explorer with a 302!!!!

15. xdviper

xdviper Active Member

1997 XLT
    Wow that mustang has something about it that looks exactly like a candy blue challenger. :)

16. sn0border88

sn0border88 Master Apprentice Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Souderton, PA
    1992 XLT
    You have any plans for the bracket on the underside of the arm rest? Or the cupholder part of the console?

17. Spas

City, State:
    Freakland, Pa
    '95 Sport
    Whadya do, break Midget's? You can have Blackjack's old one if you want but I'm keeping the e.b's whole center console because it's in perfect shape :) cupholder's yours if you want it!

On another note, remember how I said I pissed off a coworker who apparently had first dibs on the Eddie Bauer and I didn't know it? He was so ridiculously immature about it that he actually got me fired from Plaza! Don't know if that's what he had planned on, but I found it amusing that they'd let me go for something as dumb as working on my own truck when I've done it hundreds of times. You'd think I would've been fired long ago, when Morgan's wheel came off and he crashed to the ground in front of everyone on the busiest sales day of the year, or for any number of the outrageously idiotic things I've done over the 4 years I worked there. Like jumping the trade-ins off the hill in back, having trash can races, making giant penises out of masking tape and rags, lighting things on fire, messing up one of the first Saleens they got.... oh wait, no... that was all Port, I was just along for the ride :D (haha, I love it- his laptop's busted so he can't read this and defend himself!)

It's all good though, with the cuts and super restrictive abuse that have been taking place over the last four months I just didn't care anymore. Now I have a job at Packer Ford, which is MUUUUUUUCH better managed, cleaner, and all around more professional. Plus I was asked to head up their Quick Lane when they open it in a month, and guaranteed yearly raises... something I never got at Plaza. They're fine with me working on my vehicles when it's slow, because they want to appear busy on those kinds of days. The customers don't need to know the hulking gray monster Explorer is mine, just that they're "busy" ;) The only craptastic part is that I have to get Frankenstein and Blackjack outta there ASAP. Frank's going to be chilling at my friend's house for a while, and my best bud Numi is making room for Blackjack in their barn, which will actually provide a lot more protection for him AND a warm dry place for me to finish dismantling him. I'm glad thimgs are turning out so well! :D

18. vroomzoomboom

City, State:
    selkirk, manitoba
    hey, think of it like this, maybe they will pay for some schooling for you

19. Blee1099

City, State:
    Elkridge, MD
    watch out for the field mice in the barn..

20. Spas

City, State:
    Freakland, Pa
    '95 Sport
    Field mice better watch out for me :fire:

Tim, they offered but I can't take them up for two reasons: Can't afford to go to school and NOT work while I'm there. And, (I'm not proud of this, mind you) I can't seem to lift $h1t anymore since the accident ruined one shoulder and a very thoughtless friend of mine ruined the other by yanking it out of the socket when we were wrestling around a few months ago. Between the shoulders, back injury and completely girly lack of muscle, I don't have the stamina or endurance needed to continuously fight with heavy car parts all day. I will MAKE myself do it for Blackjack but I'm going to be paying for it for a loooong time. Took me two weeks of 800mg advil shots to stop hurting when I dropped Morgan's trans last month, and I still have most of the bruises. Sucks.

21. IAmTodd

IAmTodd 4x Explorer Veteran

City, State:
    Johnstown, PA
    2001 Jeep Cherokee
    Congrats on the new job, Lindsy. Sometimes there is a plan laid out for us. ;)