New Explorer Concept revealed | Page 15 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Explorer Concept revealed

So what can be done to make "Ford come back kid" Mr. Alan Mulally understand that we don't need another Taurus X or Flex. If Ford needs to expand the Flex look a like line-up than better add a car in Mercury or in a Lincoln format. Why ruin a genuine purposeful SUV into nothing-ness. Ford should make Explorer better to be class leader more like VW Touareg or what a Ranger Rover or Toyota Parado can do.

Its the biggest let down by FoMoCo. The guys got it all wrong even after bringing back the excellent Taurus SHO. Just check this out the new Ford line-up

Ford Feista - FWD - Hatch/Sedan
Ford Focus - FWD - Hatch/Sedan
Ford Mustang - RWD - Coupe/Convertible
Ford Fusion -AWD - Sedan
Ford Taurus -AWD - Sedan
Ford Taurus X - AWD - CUV/XUV/Station Wagon
Ford Flex - AWD - CUV/XUV/Station Wagon
Ford Edge - AWD -CUV/XUV
Ford Escape - 4WD - (Ouch!) This will be the company's Flag bearer, though dont know for how long
Ford Explorer - AWD - CUV/XUV/Station Wagon
Ford Expedition - AWD - Big SUV

Please ammend at your will. Thanx

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

^Not a chance. Not even Ecoboost. 3.5, or 2.0 turbo. :(

Quoting myself. NOW, Truck Trend stated engines will be 3.7, and 3.5 Ecoboost! They may add 2.0 Ecoboost later. I don't think anyone knows for sure -- as I keep reading conflicting stories.

Interior pics:

phpThumb.php

QUOTE]

Well, at least we know it will have the new MyFord Touch system...

What I myself don't understand is what is the difference between the new Edge and the new Explorer other than the Explorer being a little bigger. Both now are unibodies, and both are basically the same car. Why oh why ford are you producing two vehicles of the same basic size with two totaly different names?

^Explorer will have a third row seat, the edge does not.

You seem to have missed the point of my question so let me clairfy: I see both "cars" now and say why? Why is it that ford has now decided to produce two vehicles of basically identical stature. Is this the fate of the now current Expedition as well? are we going to see a full sized unibody vehicle the size of an Expedition? Why not just skip the Edge and make the new explorer more sporty and eliminate a vehicle all together?

OMFG. Its like soccer mom and halo all in one. This is pretty ugly, im sry. and a car body!? WTF are they thinking? Now all it needs is a nice 4 cylinder engine :p

They better at least put a real 4-spoke Ford steering wheel in before they release it.

Ford definitely has killed the essence of the Explorer.
Is just a Taurus with steroids.
The real Explorer is dead.
Short life to the new Explorer!

My 67 year old mother just called me to tell me how much she likes the new 2011 Explorer. "Looks just like the Edge!" she says. :mad:

Ford just killed the Explorer! Nothing more than a cross over. 17 years of owning one and now it looks like it will be an Expedition for as long as they last. Get the petition up Charlie. I will sign it.

Ok this thing is a unibody right? If so The aftermarket did one hell of a job following the grand cherokee. Lets pray they can work miricles with this ex

Ok this thing is a unibody right? If so The aftermarket did one hell of a job following the grand cherokee. Lets pray they can work miricles with this ex

well we could hope that but im guessing its inependent front and rear suspensions.... unlike the cherokees

Ill be honest, the first spy pictures made me cringe, but now, I love it...and hate it. I think it looks great, interior looks awesome, seems like it would be quite fun to drive, but it isnt an Explorer to me. Its just another Flex/Edge/Taurus X (etc)

It no longer has that "Explorer feeling or look" :(

Back