How to: - New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming | Page 33 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to: New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming

Prefix for threads which are instructional.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wow! The ability to change the turn signal flash is awesome. I'm going to do that this weekend.
Now if only there was a way to compare the 11-13 cluster with the 14-15 to see where the climate option on the right screen went!

It has to be there but with updated cluster graphics I don't think there is any explorer or edge out there that has climate on the right screen 14-15 to compare.

Wow! The ability to change the turn signal flash is awesome. I'm going to do that this weekend.
Now if only there was a way to compare the 11-13 cluster with the 14-15 to see where the climate option on the right screen went!

It has to be there but with updated cluster graphics I don't think there is any explorer or edge out there that has climate on the right screen 14-15 to compare.

I can find this for you later today.

I can find this for you later today.

That would seriously be awesome! Its the one thing I wish my 15 had. I got spoiled with Fusion having it and when I drive the Explorer I tend to try to change the temp and then fail . :banghead:

Does anybody know what value in the BCM for Secure Idle(console shifter locked when IA Fob is out of vehicle and car is idling) for 13MY?

'15-17 F150 is 726-42-01 {0100-0000-00zz} 1 to enable --0 to disable(default).

With double honk disabled hoping to do the secure idle (sorry Police idle on this forum).

I looked in the spreadsheet (Interceptor) and has '16-'18 MY values which are the same as F150. Didn't know if somebody with '11-'15 MY has done this yet ?

As always any help would be appreciated

Does anybody know what value in the BCM for Secure Idle(console shifter locked when IA Fob is out of vehicle and car is idling) for 13MY?

'15-17 F150 is 726-42-01 {0100-0000-00zz} 1 to enable --0 to disable(default).

With double honk disabled hoping to do the secure idle (sorry Police idle on this forum).

I looked in the spreadsheet (Interceptor) and has '16-'18 MY values which are the same as F150. Didn't know if somebody with '11-'15 MY has done this yet ?

As always any help would be appreciated

11-15MY Explorers don't have a Secure Idle(Police Engine Idle Feature) feature in the BCM. It was added to Interceptors with a 3rd party module.

http://www.secure-idle.com/index.html

That sucks-------- thanks Platinum for the response.

Secure idle and Police Engine Idle are not the same features. Secure Idle is a feature available on the Intelligent Access vehicles. Police Engine Idle is specific to the 17 PI Sedan and Utility.

Secure idle and Police Engine Idle are not the same features. Secure Idle is a feature available on the Intelligent Access vehicles. Police Engine Idle is specific to the 17 PI Sedan and Utility.

Mind explaining the functional differences?

Thanks jmr061,

I know that on the 17 keyed PIU, you can hit the lock button under the light controls and remove the key and it will keep the engine running just as secure-idle did on the earlier vehicles-with the shifter locked. Ford now refers to this as police engine Idle. Is there a different feature as well?

Intelligent Access are vehicles with Push to Start ignition. Makes sense that Secure-Idle is for these vehicles only since there is no physical ignition key. FOB leaves the vehicle and you can't shift out of park.

Police Engine Idle - http://www.fleet.ford.com/resources/ford/general/pdf/police-vehicles/2017 Police Interceptor Utility New Product Updates 3-14-16.pdf

I should add that prior to the 2017 PI model Ford had no factory option for any sort of police engine idle feature. Any solution was aftermarket.

So gentlemen- can I do the secure Idle on '13 Limited in the BCM?

Nothing has been located for that as of yet.

I'm going to plug in tomorrow and see if the value I used on my F150 is in the BCM.

How about Auto Relock? If you accidentally hit the unlock button or whatever reason vehicle will relock in 1 min.automatically if door isn't opened. That's also in BCM. Does anybody know the values?

A 11-15 Explorer is not the same electrical platform as a 15+ F150 and BCM programming is completely different.

I removed the momentary turn signal flash dealy altogether with "0", people behind you don't appreciate when you flip the lever from one side to the other to try and cancel the signals in a panic:snicker: o_O

The Interceptor Order Guide for 2017 specifies this for Police Engine Idle Feature:

Police Engine Idle feature
– This feature allows you to leave the engine running and prevents your vehicle from unauthorized use when outside of your vehicle. Allows the key to be removed from ignition while vehicle remains idling.

https://www.fordtaurus.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=19996

In case anyone is looking for the codes to end hyper flash.

Bcm

726 13 01 changes to 0000 0000
726 14 01 changes to 0000 0000

Did this for a 13 Limited. Lights on and off, no hyper flash

Thanks to the Taurus forum member nevcofleet

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks dNyce , took my 2 resistors off worked perfectly cleaner look under the hood without the resistors.It's also listed in the helpful spreadsheet here.

Back