How to: - New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming | Page 36 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to: New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming

Prefix for threads which are instructional.
Wife took the explorer for the night so I'll have to check it tomorrow. But yes those were from the intial scan under the ! Button. I'll take pictures tomorrow of what it pulls. I updated forscan to the newest update after I scanned the explorer so maybe that'll help. Thanks so far though!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wife took the explorer for the night so I'll have to check it tomorrow. But yes those were from the intial scan under the ! Button. I'll take pictures tomorrow of what it pulls. I updated forscan to the newest update after I scanned the explorer so maybe that'll help. Thanks so far though!
Maybe the version, I know the previous version released about a month ago had a database error for detecting modules on the 2011-2015 models, maybe that glitch bleed onto the 2016-2017

Well no luck. With the newest version of forscan (2.3.10) I still couldn't access the DDM or PDM.

FIBDOTT.jpg

KEURMDN.jpg

Well no luck. With the newest version of forscan (2.3.10) I still couldn't access the DDM or PDM.

FIBDOTT.jpg

KEURMDN.jpg

Go to the contact page on the forscan site and follow the instructions (email them the logs).
Probably get an answer by tomorrow morning.

If you have a pretty plain model its likely its not equipped with them.

If you have a pretty plain model its likely its not equipped with them.

Yeah as soon as I read that I assumed that was the case.

Didn't even think of that.

@FordGT55 goto https://www.motorcraftservice.com/AsBuilt

Type in your VIN and see if you have a section for DDM and PDM listed. If not jmr061 is right.

For whatever reason every time I've tried to enter my vin it says the server is down but I've come to accept I won't be able to do the remote window down. Thanks guys!!

Your result is much different than mine, as no lights turn on (during the day) when set to auto.
The signature lights only turns on when I turn the dial to off.

I'm going to re-visit this again, as with DRL disabled in the IPC and the dial set to auto; nothing lights up (no lowbeam or sig).

If I turn the dial to off, the sig light turns on only, without the lowbeam as intended/

hi, could you share the address you changed to make DRL on/off in menu ? I

revised 720-02-01 xxEx xxxx xxxx , the menu is there but do not really control the DRL on and off. meanwhile the setting of 726-16-02 0101 0101 00zz and 726-21-01 xxxx xxxx x1xx . 726-50-1 go to 108E then 017F , all combination are not worked for me :(

hi, could you share the address you changed to make DRL on/off in menu ? I

revised 720-02-01 xxEx xxxx xxxx , the menu is there but do not really control the DRL on and off. meanwhile the setting of 726-16-02 0101 0101 00zz and 726-21-01 xxxx xxxx x1xx . 726-50-1 go to 108E then 017F , all combination are not worked for me :(

Source Ford F150 Forum.
Credit to Livinitup.

BCM 726-16-02 0101 0101 0049DRL (Cluster Control 1 enabled)
BCM 726-21-01 xxxx xxxx x1xx
IPC 720-02-01 xxEx xxxx xxxx (Daytime Lights option & Lane Keeping System present in Settings)
OR
IPC 720-02-01 xxCx xxxx xxxx (Daytime Lights option present & Lane Keeping System absent in Settings)
BCM 726-41-02 xxx0 xxxx xxxx

Source Ford F150 Forum.
Credit to Livinitup.

IPC 720-02-01 xxEx xxxx xxxx (Daytime Lights option & Lane Keeping System present in Settings)
OR
IPC 720-02-01 xxCx xxxx xxxx (Daytime Lights option present & Lane Keeping System absent in Settings)
BCM 726-41-02 xxx0 xxxx xxxx

thx for quick reply, just compared the data, looks only difference is BCM 726-41-02 xxx0 xxxx xxxx, this address is for 'Double Horn Honk ' and I have tested works, I will try to revise it to 0 tmr, so this might be some conflict .

btw, just confirm, there is a option ( checkbox ) in your IPC , you can enable it ( DRL turn on , signature light turns on ) and deselect it , then (DRL goes off and signature light turn on) , am I right ?

thx for quick reply, just compared the data, looks only difference is BCM 726-41-02 xxx0 xxxx xxxx, this address is for 'Double Horn Honk ' and I have tested works, I will try to revise it to 0 tmr, so this might be some conflict .

btw, just confirm, there is a option ( checkbox ) in your IPC , you can enable it ( DRL turn on , signature light turns on ) and deselect it , then (DRL goes off and signature light turn on) , am I right ?
Only option to turn DRL on or off.
This feature is not present for the signature light.
However, with DRL off and light dial turned to auto, my signature lights do not come on during daylight.

Mine has DRL option in the IPC and my signature lights are on when in auto or any other position

Only option to turn DRL on or off.
This feature is not present for the signature light.
However, with DRL off and light dial turned to auto, my signature lights do not come on during daylight.

Many thanks my friend!

Mine has DRL option in the IPC and my signature lights are on when in auto or any other position

hi, thx, That's really what I am looking for , did you do revision rather than below ?

OR

Are you saying you have the option in the cluster "Settings" to turn DRL ON or OFF?

Peter

Are you saying you have the option in the cluster "Settings" to turn DRL ON or OFF?

Peter

yes, Peter, with that set , there is a option in the IPC with turn DRL on or off, what I am seeking is turn on / off DRL but keep signature light always on.

yes, Peter, with that set , there is a option in the IPC with turn DRL on or off, what I am seeking is turn on / off DRL but keep signature light always on.
My question was actually for machine4321 since he is in Canada and DRL are mandatory. My understanding was that Canadian market Explorers didn't have the setting. My Platinum has no DRL setting in the cluster. They are always ON when driving.

Peter

My question was actually for machine4321 since he is in Canada and DRL are mandatory. My understanding was that Canadian market Explorers didn't have the setting. My Platinum has no DRL setting in the cluster. They are always ON when driving.

Peter

got it , just try to help. yes, here is same for China version, the DRL is always on and no button or options to shutdown before revise above setting, I checked the ab file difference between CN and CA , the difference are in 726-50-1 CA is 017F and CN is at 108E , so I am wondering if your DRL ( which is aways on ' is the integrated light in front high beam, or it is the LED signature light. this confused me a lot as CN version has the yellow light as DRL which is intergraded with front high beam.

got it , just try to help. yes, here is same for China version, the DRL is always on and no button or options to shutdown before revise above setting, I checked the ab file difference between CN and CA , the difference are in 726-50-1 CA is 017F and CN is at 108E , so I am wondering if your DRL ( which is aways on ' is the integrated light in front high beam, or it is the LED signature light. this confused me a lot as CN version has the yellow light as DRL which is intergraded with front high beam.
DRL is on the LED low beam and I think + signature lighting.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back