How to: - New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming | Page 42 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to: New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming

Prefix for threads which are instructional.
Hi,

I added navigation which is working fine. However there is an "i" at the bottom to the left of the home button. It is something to do with Sirius, I think. How do I get rid of it?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi,

I added navigation which is working fine. However there is an "i" at the button to the left of the home button. It is something to do with Sirius, I think. How do I get rid of it?

The "i" button is present when MFT has navigation. Without Navigation, the top right quadrant is "Information", with "Navigation" in the top right, the "i" button should get you to the "Information" screen.

Hi all,

I've been dabbling with programming with Forscan and am definitely happy to have the ability to change setting. But I'm curious if anyone has found common configurations between different Ford models. Seems like each vehicle has a spreadsheet out there specific to their model. Does anyone know which modules are consistent across vehicles?

Hi all,

I've been dabbling with programming with Forscan and am definitely happy to have the ability to change setting. But I'm curious if anyone has found common configurations between different Ford models. Seems like each vehicle has a spreadsheet out there specific to their model. Does anyone know which modules are consistent across vehicles?
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:

Peter

Hi all- thanks for all of the great information!
I'm trying to get my 2013 explorer as dark as possible so we can take it out stargazing and not ruin night vision.
I've been able to get dark car enabled, thanks again!, But there are a couple of annoyances left over....
The MFT screen and IPC turn BRIGHT WHITE when cycling the power. I can overcome MFT by changing the brand to Lincoln (mostly black boot animation) but the IPC still has bright white lights...
Anyone know if it's possible to:
1. Disable the bright white boot animation on the IPC "type 2" for a 2013?
1b. Change the IPC from a 2013 version to a 2015 version with firmware flash?
2. Change the Entry/exit lights to red instead of light blue? (Ambient light red is awesome, but open the door and it kills night vision!)
3. Add a Dark car menu option to the "type 2" IPC or MFT (or other way to toggle the but without constantly reflashing to change dark car mode?

Again, thanks for all of the help so far !!

The "i" button is present when MFT has navigation. Without Navigation, the top right quadrant is "Information", with "Navigation" in the top right, the "i" button should get you to the "Information" screen.

Ok thanks!

It doesn't shut off the engine, it just locks the shifter exactly like police engine idle does on keyed vehicles and lets you take the IA fob away from the vehicle without anyone being able to steal it.

So, peace of mind experiment on Civilian Secure Idle on the IA fob setup:

What happens if the key fob dies? If you start the car with the fob in the slot, will it thus allow the shifter to move?

The answer, thankfully, is yes. I popped the batteries out of my IA fob, made sure it was dead, placed the key in the slot and turn on the car and attempted to move the shifter. I jumped out with the key, got "no key detected," couldn't shift. Solenoid locked. Re-entered car with key, put key ins lot, tried to move shifter, solenoid unlocked and moves.

So, for those reluctant to put on the feature for potential fear of this (and maybe nobody thought out the horror scenario like I did), no need to worry. If the batteries in the remote die, the old school key slot in the console will allow secure idle to perform as designed as well.

Just to confirm I'm understanding your post, are you saying you can start the Explorer with the fob in the slot and no battery in it?

Peter

Yes, although that wasn't the point of the experiment. That slot is designed for that purpose if/when the fob battery finally gives out.

So, peace of mind experiment on Civilian Secure Idle on the IA fob setup:

What happens if the key fob dies? If you start the car with the fob in the slot, will it thus allow the shifter to move?

The answer, thankfully, is yes. I popped the batteries out of my IA fob, made sure it was dead, placed the key in the slot and turn on the car and attempted to move the shifter. I jumped out with the key, got "no key detected," couldn't shift. Solenoid locked. Re-entered car with key, put key ins lot, tried to move shifter, solenoid unlocked and moves.

So, for those reluctant to put on the feature for potential fear of this (and maybe nobody thought out the horror scenario like I did), no need to worry. If the batteries in the remote die, the old school key slot in the console will allow secure idle to perform as designed as well.

Where is the key slot located? in which console? There are so many computers in an explorer these days.

Pop open the arm rest console, feel toward the front and you'll feel a compartment just a bit larger than the width of the key.

Yes, although that wasn't the point of the experiment. That slot is designed for that purpose if/when the fob battery finally gives out.
Thank you. My question just arose from the actual experiment you were performing..

Where is the key slot located? in which console? There are so many computers in an explorer these days.
I guess you haven't read that far in your Owner's Manual yet.;) It's a good thing this subject came up then. Page 164 in the Manual.

Peter

Thank you. My question just arose from the actual experiment you were performing..

Apologies if I came off terse, Peter; I was just caught off guard when that was the inquiry subsequently posed.

Kind of like when you buy the kid the best toy at Toys R Us, but they like to play with the box more. xD

Apologies if I came off terse, Peter; I was just caught off guard when that was the inquiry subsequently posed.

Kind of like when you buy the kid the best toy at Toys R Us, but they like to play with the box more. xD
No problem at all. I didn't take it that way and fully understood your reply.:thumbsup: I wasn't aware you could use that slot with a completely dead, or in this case, missing battery. I guess there must be a sort of sensor there that recognizes the key's code allowing the vehicle to start. Just more useful info to remember.;)

Peter

Precisely the purpose just in case your IA fob (really when) dies. But hopefully the IA key lasts a long time, there's actually two batteries embedded in the device. I believe it's a field effect situation that wakes up the transponder into the key to transport the magic codes regardless of the power in the remote.

I was looking through the Forscan spreadsheet, can anyone tell me what changing the following actually does?

APIM Module "A/V Input Enable"

I was looking through the Forscan spreadsheet, can anyone tell me what changing the following actually does?

APIM Module "A/V Input Enable"
It's primarily for the Interceptor Utilities. It allows for the addition of an Audio jack to plug in your phone.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a 2017 sport, I am playing with FORScan and was trying to get the global windows up and down with remote to work. I know this has been discussed multiple times but I can’t find anyone with my issue posting on here.
One setting that needs to be modified is the DDM (from google I believe this is Drivers Door Module). I do not have that in my list of modules to be able to connect to and modify. Are there certain modules that may not be installed in a vehicle depending on options? I was starting to believe that most modules were installed but hardware was left out if you don’t have some options.
Anyone run into this before? Any solutions or suggestions?

Back