Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

New Gorilla on the block!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Jefe the Gorilla, July 26, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Jefe the Gorilla

Jefe the Gorilla New Member

City, State:
      Phoenix, Az
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      '04 Sport-Trac XLT
      Hello Guys! Livin In Phoenix and had my Explorer Sport Trac for almost five years now. Almost got her paid off so lookin to customze. Lookin to do more of an urban customization since I am in a car club and already have a unibody '63-F100 for my off road fun. Some of the major things I am planning to do is lower it, custom paint, custom interior, 5spd conversion, and custom aviator front clip. I do upholstery, paint and body work so i got that covered but want to make sure i do the lowering and trans swap properly. dont know of anyone locally who has done either one so thought i'd ask here! My questions are is there a good lowering kit available or is it all custom work? Is there a bolt on swap from say an Explorer sport that I can pull a trans from? If not then what truck do i use? My frame is the same as most regular explorers and i have the 4.0l V6 with the overdirve auto trans. Any positive feedback would be greatly appreciated.:D

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Demo1986

Demo1986 Active Member

City, State:
      Cypress, ca
      2002 S/T
      LIFT IT!!

I'm kidding! Welcome to to site! I wouldn't know anything about lowering an ST or any vehicle for that matter. Im in the process of turning my ST into a desert truck with 4x4 capabilities. I have seen pics of lowered ST's and they're not that bad looking.

4. BrooklynBay

BrooklynBay Moderator & long time member. Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Brooklyn, NY
      88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars
    5. Joe Dirt

Joe Dirt Explorer Addict

07 Camry
      Nice... :)

[​IMG]