• Register Today It's free!

new guy 00 Eddie Brauer v8 AWD

DAMN

Reaction score
City, State
Central valley California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Eddie Bruaer v8
Hey all ive been lurking on this forum getting info about this truck i recently got so i finally got around to registering. Its an 00 Explorer Eddie Brauer Edition V8 AWD leather with 3.73's.

Only gripe is it has 157k miles on it but i am the second owner the first owner worked at the ford dealership and had all the req maint done on the truck so i hope to get another 50k out of her.

explorer.jpg

mms_picture2-2.jpg

mms_picture99.jpg

mms_picture18.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If i could get 220k+ ide be happy! Only grip is im getting very mad mpg like 15mpg city and 21 highway so im going to invest in a free flowing exhuast and intake to help out a bit.

Is this like a mail order tune? where they flash preloaded tunes into a pcm and send it my way?

Nice ride (I have a '99 which is virtually identical). Why the seat covers?

You can get a lot more than 50,000 miles more of it.

15 city and 21 highway is actually very good for a 5.0 Explorer. I've got an upgraded exhaust, air intake, headers and custom tuning and get less than that. Then again, I have a heavy foot. :D

Welcome to the best Explorer resource on the planet.

Nice ride (I have a '99 which is virtually identical). Why the seat covers?

You can get a lot more than 50,000 miles more of it.

15 city and 21 highway is actually very good for a 5.0 Explorer. I've got an upgraded exhaust, air intake, headers and custom tuning and get less than that. Then again, I have a heavy foot. :D

Welcome to the best Explorer resource on the planet.

Any idea where i could get an eddie brauer edition front bumper cover?

Nice X! You should be able to get WAY more than 50k out of her. She looks to be in great shape, and a clean engine.

And as mentioned above, 15 and 21 is pretty good being stock! I have a cheaper dual's setup, a homemade CAI (Technically WAI), and im getting around 16-17 city, and 22 highway (Cruising at about 72)

How long has it been since the plugs/wires and fluids have been changed? (Front differential, transfer case, rear diff, trans) Alot of members have recorded MPG gains from new/better fluid. Usually synthetic, Amsoil is a favorite on the forum.

And by the way, its Eddie BAUER :D

Back