New guy with a tire size question. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New guy with a tire size question.

Hey guys!

I'm new to this forum as well as new to the Ford Explorer. I've got a 2003 Ford Explorer Sport XLT and I'm looking to put some new (preferably bigger) tires onto my vehicle! What is the biggest size of tire I can put on WITHOUT major cutting or major lift? Lift will come at a later date...

Any suggestions are welcome and if you have a solid answer I would love to hear it!!!

Thanks in advance

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You should be abl to fit a 31x10.5 or a 265x75. That what i was running on my 95 ranger, but if you just do a leveling kit you should be able to for a 33x 10.5 or a 285x75 that's what im running now.

265 75 16 is as big as you should go till you lift and regear, or it will rub

How much of a lift till i could move up in tire size?

body lift is about $300, than you can run up to a 305 70 16,

What size of a body lift is that? 2" or 4" or what? Is a 305 70 16 like a 35" tire?
Sorry for the overload of qeustions but like i said im very new to this so trying to get all the info possible! thanks so much for the replys.

What size of a body lift is that? 2" or 4" or what?

3 inch

Is a 305 70 16 like a 35" tire?

33x12.5x16

Sorry for the overload of qeustions but like i said im very new to this so trying to get all the info possible! thanks so much for the replys.

Corkey... Thnk you very much for all your help! I really appreciate it! You have made my experience on this forum so far a great pleasure!!!

Any reccomendations of companys I should be buying from for a body lift?

i would look at Summit racings website, they have a good price on the Performance Accessories body lifts,,

i think the one you need is the pa 883, it is actually for a ranger but it can be put on easily enough,

Cool thanks! What kind of tools would I need for a body lift install? and how easy is it to do? If ive never done it before should i get a mechanic to do it for me?

Aswell as whats a good cheap tire to go with? I just got a quote for 1500 for a set of 4 tires..

I pretty much love you corkey... your a savior

Back