New here, just picked up a 2014 Ecoboost PIU | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New here, just picked up a 2014 Ecoboost PIU

Skullcandy

Reaction score
City, State
Camden NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer PIU
Hey Guys, just flew to Iowa to pick up my 2014 PIU ecoboost. Drove it 1300 miles back to Nc and I am in love. I will be scouring this great resource and def asking questions to get myself up to speed on these.

IMG_2664_zpsf7k25oab.jpg

IMG_2716_zpsbrd5b4yc.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks great! That 3.5L ecoboost is a ton of fun, isn't it?

Yes it is!!!! I’m glad I pulled the trigger and flew out to Iowa to get it!!

Hey Guys, just flew to Iowa to pick up my 2014 PIU ecoboost. Drove it 1300 miles back to Nc and I am in love. I will be scouring this great resource and def asking questions to get myself up to speed on these.
Welcome to the Forum:wave:
Looks great.

Peter

Great looking Interceptor! I picked up a blue one last month and am learning more every day :)

Thanks guys! Yea so much to learn about these. Yes Twin turbo 3.5

Congrats. I'm curious about the MPG of the ecoboost since I just got mine 2013 and it's a heavy gas eater, XD.

Been getting 21-22 in town driving. Got 345 miles to a tank.

That's impressive. Mine only got about 240 per tank. And guess we have the same tank size.

That's impressive. Mine only got about 240 per tank. And guess we have the same tank size.
I get about 260-265 per tank, and mine's not even Ecoboost.

Yea I have been very impressed to say the least. I love this thing.

I get about 260-265 per tank, and mine's not even Ecoboost.

Yea that's about the average after I drove it for two weeks+ (already filled it 4 times). It's getting better, but still far from the Ecoboost.

I usually get around 21 MPG (which includes a good bit of mountain driving) in my PIU with the 3.7l. Some folks' feet are heavier than others, and these Interceptors have very sensitive throttles, but substantially worse mileage without an explanation, such as being stuck in stop & go traffic for hours, would be something I'd investigate further, there may be something wrong like a failing sensor.

A few weeks ago, I picked-up an Ecoboost Interceptor Sedan that was hit from behind. It was to be an engine parts donor car for the Ecoboost PIU I'm repairing, but it drives straight, was cheap, and only needed a few things done, so I started driving it to keep miles off my other vehicles. I think it would probably average at least 26 MPG if it wasn't so fun to accelerate quickly. Folks have mentioned that you can have "Eco" or "boost" from an Ecoboost, but not both, and that seems accurate.

Back