Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

New iphone update iOS 8.0

Discussion in '2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology' started by Express, September 18, 2014.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1. boltsfan17

boltsfan17 Active Member

City, State:
    California
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2013 Explorer Limited 4WD
    Apple pulled the 8.0.1 update so new phones won't have it. Apple will be releasing 8.0.2 either this afternoon or tomorrow.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. boltsfan17

boltsfan17 Active Member

City, State:
    California
    2013 Explorer Limited 4WD
    The bending of the iPhone 6 Plus is just an overblown story. Apple said they have only received 9 complaints about phones bending.

4. TBill

TBill Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Prescott, AZ
    2020 Explorer Platinum
    Upgrade to iPhone 6 with IOS 8.0.2

Just upgraded my iPhone 4s to the iPhone 6 with IOS 8.0.2, deleted old phone from the MFT and added the new phone. All working fine, pairs without a problem.

TB;);)

Last edited: October 3, 2014
  5. InspectorGadget

InspectorGadget Active Member

City, State:
    Northern CA
    2015 Explorer XLT
    iOS 8.0.2 was released this afternoon. Based upon information I got from one of my Apple corporate clients, this release should fix a multitude of sins including bluetooth connectivity to devices such as wireless headsets and devices such as MFT. As stated in a earlier post 8.0.1 was pulled shortly after it was released. If you are picking up a new phone from Apple or a carrier check the iOS version before leaving the store. If (and chances are slim) it shows 8.0.1 have the store upgrade before you leave.

If you connect to your computer and check for upgrades through iTunes it should show up. If you just check from your phone it may not show for a while.

I downloaded it tonight and will test it in the morning.

6. dco43054

dco43054 Well-Known Member

City, State:
    cmh
    16 XLT
    There is another thread on pretty much the same subject. So I'll keep it brief here - but I deleted my old iPhone, paired my new ATT 6 (with a new phone name) and have had no issues whatsoever.

I'm running iOS 8.0, I have no need to update the iOS.

It voice dials from MFT and answers. I have had no problems maintaining calls.

Don't know what is causing other people's issues. My guess is it might be having a phone with the same name as an older paired phone.

My suggestion would be to delete all paired phones, do a master reset in MFT, then disconnect the negative battery cable, wait 30 seconds, and reconnect to ensure a fresh reboot. Delete any paired connections in the iPhone. Then pair the new phone and see what happens.

If you still have problems, then Ford needs to delve into this further at a tech level.

7. broken strut

broken strut Active Member

City, State:
    CHIMOMAN VILLE
    2013 White Sport
    Don't know what is causing other people's issues. My guess is it might be having a phone with the same name as an older paired phone.

This was my problem. When I put my profile on my new phone it kept the same name and this confuses my ford touch. Not that it's hard to confuse MFT.

8. MAbbottUSMC

MAbbottUSMC New Member

City, State:
    San Diego
    2014 Explorer XLT
  9. jmr061

jmr061 Well-Known Member

City, State:
    Wisconsin
    16 Edge
    Pr-16 Exp Sport
    From OASIS:

Oct 01 2014 5462-Various SYNC Equipped Vehicles – Apple iOS 8 and or iPhone 6 Functional Issues

Some customers with SYNC equipped vehicles may experience Bluetooth connectivity issues after upgrading to Apple iOS 8 or using an iPhone 6 with SYNC. This is not a SYNC hardware or software concern. Apple is aware of these concerns and isworking on a fix for multiple Vehicle Manufacturers. In the interim, direct thecustomer to the following Apple support URL: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht6473

10. dco43054

dco43054 Well-Known Member

City, State:
    cmh
    16 XLT
    So I had zero problems UNTIL the iOS 8.02 update.

Now, after I hang up a call, or use Siri, without using the handsfree, Sync will think it needs to dial a call.

Geesh.

11. InspectorGadget

City, State:
    Northern CA
    2015 Explorer XLT
    As mentioned in an earlier post there is a similar thread on the issue. Again keeping short this is an Apple issue having to do with iOS8 and more prevalent with the iPhone 6 series. 8.0.2 did not fix the issue. It looks like 8.1 which is reported to be the solution is being confirmed by several sources (But not Apple) to be released Oct 20th. In the past couple of days numerous sources are also reporting there may be an 8.0.3 release before the 20th.

This issue impacts much more than MFT. Numerous auto manufacturers are having the same issues as well as BT headset manufacturers.

Peter, any chance the two threads on this issue could be merged?

12. BrianT

BrianT Active Member

City, State:
    Ottawa, Ontario
    2020 Explorer ST
    I upgraded my iPhone 4 to an iPhone 6, new phone paired Ok, I can make phone calls with no problem so far.

I do have a problem with text notifications, they do not show up at all. Allow notifications & show previews are turned on in my phone.

Brian

13. InspectorGadget

City, State:
    Northern CA
    2015 Explorer XLT
    Consider yourself lucky and do not be disappointed if it suddenly rolls over and plays dead. I did notice that iCloud has something to do with it. Mine worked fine until I turned on iCloud to get some pictures off my phone I needed for work and then it died BT wise. Reports seem to be all over the board on multiple sites and many groups much more knowledgable than most of us here. The known issue is it is an Apple issue with iOS8 and seems to impact iPhone 6 series phones more. IMHO that may be due to the fact that the iPhone 6 has the new A8 chip.

14. BrianT

BrianT Active Member

City, State:
    Ottawa, Ontario
    2020 Explorer ST
    I do not use iCloud, maybe thats why the phone works OK

Brian

15. InspectorGadget

City, State:
    Northern CA
    2015 Explorer XLT
    The fix may come very soon. I say this for 2 reasons.

First, Apple is making their announcement of the new iPads tomorrow. I received a call from my Apple Business manager this morning about the announcements. Apple Pay is part of the hype if you will and is going to require iOS 8.1.

Second is the release of a Walgreens corporate document the opening sentence reads.

"In preparation for the launch of Apple Pay on October 18th, we would like to ........."

For Apple pay to go live on the iPhone 6 devices and new iPads iOS 8.1 is required. The rumors over the weekend about a 8.0.3 seem to have died down.

One additional note. Anyone that has purchased a new GoPro Hero 4 recently. The iPhone app does not work with iOS8. I spoke ot GoPro this morning and they are awaiting the new iOS release and will be releasing an updated app as well.

"And the hits just keep on coming ............"

16. InspectorGadget

City, State:
    Northern CA
    2015 Explorer XLT
    For those who care. Apple will release iOS 8.1 Monday October 20th. The Bluetooth issues should be fixed with this release. (Fingers Crossed).

17. amd2800barton

amd2800barton Active Member

2014 Explorer Sport
    People running the iOS 8.1 beta reported the bluetooth issues fixed. Should be released around 10am pacific today.