New member building offroad sporttrac | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New member building offroad sporttrac

Well I'm still in the parts collecting stage but I think I have finally nailed down my smallblock ZF 5spd, and trading for parts I already have:D

also found a company in MI that makes an adapter plate to fit smallblock V8 Ford bell/trans to a 5cyl Mercedes turbodiesel, which I already have;)
so I am keeping my eyes open for another sporttrac to make a winter daily driver out of. my wife always hated driving my Mercedes diesel car....................

I think the 302 5spd will be in until I break the stock axles at least once. :burnout::chug:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Somehow I haven't seen this thread. Looking forward to everything!

MTc9wWaFnkXSU13EiAnJre7zYU_d6A0CBKEsYNG0UNIE1QbpJdLPNglpmqoDQy7n3xU2Gg=w1416-h623

Sweet, another SAS ST, I started mine but got seriously injured at work shortly after so I have to wait until I'm better to continue working on it. Here's a quick picture...

IMG_6559.jpg
Those are some nasty wheels!

Great looking build!!!! What is your front axle from? What Tcase are you running?

His axle is out of an 88 Grand Wagoneer, same as mine. If you check out the links in my signature, you can find a good bit of info.

Back