• Register Today It's free!

New member here

Disen68niou1

Reaction score
City, State
San Angelo, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Explorer Xlt
Well I'm new to here, as if it wasn't obvious, so I'd figure I'd say hello and start with what's wrong. I traded a gas guzzler of a truck for this 94 explorer xlt from some west behind the ears pup. I knew from the get go I made a mistake especially when he told me I'd have to charge or jump it everytime. Never the less I love a challenge in a new arena. I'm just a simple network tech and automotive engineer is not my cup of tea. Did find that the security keyless entry system was wired badly as well as the radio. Radio done and now still having trouble with the wiring of model F3AZ-19A361-G. Just need to know the best wiring diagram for this explorer.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I appreciate that but my issue maybe schematic translation. I'm looking for this, switched +12v, is that a 12v constant from the battery, the 12v white and red wire from the ignition, or a acc wire in the ignition wire harness? Been racking my brain over this.

Ok here it goes, I bought a ford security system in Hope's to fix the 94 explorer but the F3AZ-19A361-G doesn't fully explain things. See attached pic.

20191202_223125.jpg

Switched positive is probably ignition controlled. Parking lights flash to show that it's armed or disarmed. This gets connected to the wiring on the headlight switch. An electrical diagram of the vehicle's wiring will have all of the color codes.

Welcome.

Thank you everyone for your help it is most I've gotten in a year.

Back