new member, looking for good aftermarket shocks | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

new member, looking for good aftermarket shocks

LONO100

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Bay Area CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 sport trac XLT
hey all, i just purchased a 2003 sport trac XLT 4x2 and i love it. im looking for some good aftermarket shocks for a reasonable price that will help reduce sway, stiffen the ride on the freeway and in town but will still be able to handle occasional off-roading and trips up to the mountains. any suggestions?

thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Monroe Sensa Tracs.

On my old '96 Expl. I ran Monroe Reflexes. Great shock for that vehicle.

I have Rancho RS5000 series on mine, they are not pricey and I off road my truck once in a while. Many others on here have the same shocks.

If you are going to do any towing I'd suggest looking into the Monroe Max-Air for the rear. Sport Tracs will sag quite a bit once loaded. I have them on mine and they do the job for the occasional towing I do.

i looked into the shocks you all suggested and the monroe sensa tracs seem to fit what im looking for the best. i also found some comparable gabriel's for a little bit cheaper than the monroe sensa tracks. anybody have any thoughts on gabriel brand shocks?

I have Gagriel ultras and they are very stiff. too stiff. I find them nice on the highway, but on bumpy roads I'm not happy with them.

just ordered sensa-tracs for the front and monroe max-air for the rear along with moog end links front and rear. $179 off amazon.

thanks flushot, very helpful. i think i might mix n match on my setup too. i might go with sensa-tracs up front and the monroe max air's that ranchero suggested to keep my back end from sagging when im towing. gotta make sure this all lines up first. thanks everyone.

Back