Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Discussion in 'Explorer Audio & Navigation' started by TimKirkwood, July 25, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. TimKirkwood

TimKirkwood New Member

City, State:
      Franklin, Ohio
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2002 Explorer XLT
      Just thought I would say hey and share my project that I just completed this morning. I just became the owner of a 2002 Explorer XLT. In great shape.

This morning I upgraded the factory speakers to Kicker 6x8's and Dynamat'd the door panels. I am pretty happy with the results. Sounds pretty good for just four 6x8's and the factory head unit.

I was tempted to buy the Pioneer App head unit I was looking at this morning at BB. But resisted until further research is done.

Other projects that I have already completed are, repaired the notorious recirculate door, replaced the radiator and thermostat and flushed the entire system, replaced some interior lights with LED versions of their bulbs.

Looking forward to many years in this truck. So I am getting things the way I want them early. :O)

Tim

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. BigRondo

BigRondo USMC 1371 Elite Explorer Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
      Worcester, MA
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2002 XLT V6 4x4
      Welcome aboard!! :salute: