1. Tip...
    If you hold most smartphones sideways
    you can bring up a more full featured version of the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

New MP3 Head Unit

Discussion in 'Explorer Audio & Navigation' started by IAmTodd, December 30, 2004.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. IAmTodd

IAmTodd 4x Explorer Veteran

City, State:
      Johnstown, PA
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2001 Jeep Cherokee
      Finally found the head unit that I wanted and did everything I need, and nothind I didn't. Found it on Ebay. I picked up a Ford/Pioneer MP3/Single CD, Cassette unit. Works awsome, sounds great, and having only a few discs in the car now is awsome! And no one can tell you have somewhat of a system in your truck now!

[​IMG]

They do make this in a 6 disc without the cassette, but it was a considerably higher priced.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Doug

Doug I'm Awesome! Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
      Sykesville, MD
      Nice, why did you choose to go with that over an aftermarket unit?

4. IAmTodd

IAmTodd 4x Explorer Veteran

City, State:
      Johnstown, PA
      2001 Jeep Cherokee
      There were a number of factors that pointed me to a stock unit. I really disliked having a spacer around my aftermarket Kenwood. It didn't look good. I could never get it to fit right, it slid out at times, and it rattled. The aftermarket ones have small buttons and difficult menus. My stock one would have been fine, but it was a Mach unit, in a premium system, just didn't work, didn't do what I wanted it to do. So I've been doing some research and found a model that looks similar to the stockers. But it didn't display text. And with hundereds of songs, you need some text. So I've just kept an eye out on ebay and this one popped up as well as an extremely high priced 6 disc that was identical to this one. And I won this on Chirstmas Eve. Seems to work as good as my 7 or 8 year old Kenwood. I actually think my sub hits a little harder with it.

5. Doug

Doug I'm Awesome! Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
      Sykesville, MD
      Good deal, it's a nice lookin unit.