New owner with Nav question

nextreme

Reaction score
City, State
Ottawa, ON
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 XLT
Hello everyone,

I just traded in my 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 QC for a 2011 Ford Explorer XLT.

I am very happy with it so far. I had a question about the Navigation though. I have the MFT Sync system but don't have the Navigation. Can I buy the Nav option now and have my system updated to include it? Any idea on the cost?

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Congarulations on the new explorer.

If you did not order with Nav, you cannot upgrade. I asked my dealer the same question. If you did not get it factory ordered you are out of luck.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news

If it makes you feel better, the nav system can be off by as much as 2 to 3 blocks. My iphone is very very accurate so I'll probably end up just using it.

My NAV is dead on

No problems with my Nav. Have been using it alot last couple of days. Works great here in Moncton N.B. Has all the street names, shows the speed limits for all the streets. It rocks.

Thanks for the re-assurance drumguru1 ;)

I too have an iPhone with the TomTom app and i will just use it. I was trying to see if I could use that nice big screen for navigation instead.

Thanks guys ;)

When I'm in my driveway it shows my house two blocks down. Oah well

When I'm in my driveway it shows my house two blocks down. Oah well
I read on another thread to reset NAV by clearing home address and then sit in your driveway or in front of your house and re input.
Don't know if it works since mine is fine. Did input mine will sitting it driveway.

Another vote here for a perfectly functioning Nav system. Everything is spot on. Not to say there will not be errors. All makers of GPS receiver hardware are at the mercy of the mapping companies (I once heard that Telenav and Navtech were the only two in existence at least for North America, is that true?). There have been times when my handheld Garmin Nuvi was grossly wrong, so nothing is perfect.

Back