New owners! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New owners!

Yep, mine does. Hey, how about the levers to open the doors. My driver's door and front passenger doors have them, but the rear doors do not.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yep, mine does. Hey, how about the levers to open the doors. My driver's door and front passenger doors have them, but the rear doors do not.

Front doors - check
Passenger footwell - fail
Drivers footwell - check
Front cup holders - check
2nd row console (hvac controls) - check
Rear door - can't remember, but don't think they are lit up.

Front doors - check
Passenger footwell - fail
Drivers footwell - check
Front cup holders - check
2nd row console (hvac controls) - check
Rear door - can't remember, but don't think they are lit up.
The 2nd row door levers don't light up unless it is something new for 2016.

Peter

I We also have to have front license plates so I got some black stainless steal frames from Amazon and they look great and match the other blackout items on the Sport. Enjoy your new Sport!

So you can put a license plate frame on the front? I couldn't tell for sure with the hole placement on that huge black piece on the front. Looks like the frame would hang down past the black piece?

So you can put a license plate frame on the front? I couldn't tell for sure with the hole placement on that huge black piece on the front. Looks like the frame would hang down past the black piece?
I don't know about the Explorer since I haven't seen one without a front plate but the Highlander had 2 very small indents where you would presumably drill the mounting holes. If I remember, I'll check out the Ford lot next time I go by it.

Peter

Attachments

• DSC_0247b[1].jpg
    DSC_0247b[1].jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 175

I don't know about the Explorer since I haven't seen one without a front plate but the Highlander had 2 very small indents where you would presumably drill the mounting holes. If I remember, I'll check out the Ford lot next time I go by it.

Peter

I guess everyone has their own opinions, but the White Platinum Tri-Coat looks awesome on Sport XP. Is the red color also a $500 option just like white? Ford really nailed it on that ultra white or extra good looking red color.

I guess everyone has their own opinions, but the White Platinum Tri-Coat looks awesome on Sport XP. Is the red color also a $500 option just like white? Ford really nailed it on that ultra white or extra good looking red color.
Tri-coat white Platinum is $595, Ruby Red and Bronze Fire are $395.

Peter

The front license plate holder on the 2016 was a really design. It basically holds the plate from the bottom instead of the top! I ended up just attaching it by making new holes with the license plate screws so it is connected from the top. I don't think the plastic plate frame was able to turn upside down. I was really suprised they didn't think something easy like that through. Most people use plate frames to personalize their vehicles and the front plate would not sit flush without doing what I did.

Back