Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

new shocks?

Discussion in 'Stock 1991 - 1994 Explorers' started by something9000, June 17, 2011.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^
  1. something9000

something9000 Active Member

City, State:
    naples fl
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    1994 navajo
    Im interested in replacing my shock absorbers all around on my truck but i dont know which are the best bang for the buck. i wanna stay away from the cheapies but i also cant afford to go top of line. Any incite would be appreciated.- 94 navajo 2wd

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. Iron Weasel

Iron Weasel Active Member

City, State:
    Belen, New Mexico
    1994 XLT 4x4
    Monroe Sensa-Trac are a decent "middle of the road" shock...can usually get those around $40 each depending on where you look.

4. Roadrunner777

Roadrunner777 Well-Known Member

City, State:
    Bemidji, MN
    94 4x4 Sport 88k
    I put monroe-matics on a few months ago, no regrets. You may end up breaking a front bottom shock mount, a lot of people do. (I did too). There is a kit to fix that.

I will say that the shocks I took off were motorcraft shocks, presumably factory, and they were significantly larger diameter than anything I could buy for less than $100. But the moneroe's work fine for me... as well as could be expected on a short wheelbase oversprung vehicle.

5. Jason94sport

Jason94sport Well-Known Member

City, State:
    South FL
    02 Sport 2WD 5 speed
    I put on the monroe reflex ones. I'm fine with them. Monroe had a buy 3 get 4th free deal. They may or may not still have it.

We Support Our Troops!