new SYNC Software V3.7 update | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

new SYNC Software V3.7 update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that there is a lot in this update (thought the nav mute button would be nice), is this our notice that those of us with 2013 and earlier are not getting anymore updates?

Version 3.6.2 has a navigation mute. While on the map with an active destination programmed, press MENU, then GUIDANCE MUTE.

The MyFord Touch software level V3.7 is primarily designed to support new features not available on model years prior to 2014, as well as features in markets outside North America. In the spirit of Globalization, we have included North American owners of 2014MY and newer vehicles should they choose to update their MyFord Touch system.

We will continue to work on enhancements for all of our SYNC systems.

Rebecca,

The TSB for the Ambient Lighting fix(TSB 14-0175) says "1.If the last five numeric digits (e.g. 4.30.13171.PRODUCT) are 13171, proceed to Step 2.
2.If the last five numeric digits are not 13171, this article does not apply. Refer to the Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 417-02 for normal diagnosis.

My concern is if I install the MFT update v3.7 it changes the version number to CCPU S/W Version: 4.32.14122_PRODUCT. Will the dealer still do the ambient lighting TSB?

That's a little out of my scope and don't want to steer you in the wrong direction. I suggest giving your dealer a ring about this.

Rebecca

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I believe there's a 99.9% chance of an upgrade to a "new platform".

For new model years, yes. Retrofitting 2011 - ???, no chance. The noise around MFT is reduced. There is no advantage for Ford to fix what is now perceived as "stable".

Rebecca,

The TSB for the Ambient Lighting fix(TSB 14-0175) says "1.If the last five numeric digits (e.g. 4.30.13171.PRODUCT) are 13171, proceed to Step 2.
2.If the last five numeric digits are not 13171, this article does not apply. Refer to the Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 417-02 for normal diagnosis.

My concern is if I install the MFT update v3.7 it changes the version number to CCPU S/W Version: 4.32.14122_PRODUCT. Will the dealer still do the ambient lighting TSB?

No they will not do the update. The install file should verify the version you have before installing and it will fail when it sees it doesn't have the correct version.

I just read my APIM with the dealer tools. I had 3.6.2 and applied the TSB ambient lighting fix about 10 days ago. I then upgraded to 3.7 the other day. The ambient lighting fix file that had been installed is now gone. So either they have it incorporated into 3.7 or they left it out. Time will tell.

Version 3.6.2 has a navigation mute. While on the map with an active destination programmed, press MENU, then GUIDANCE MUTE.

Rebecca

Yeah I know that is there. I really only use the voice guidance when traffic is busy or I am driving downtown. That's too many button presses just to turn it on or off when we used to have it on the main screen. I normally use the voice command now.

I was checking sync website and it said there is an update to 3.7. Tried to download and the page refreshed but nothing happened. Is there an update or not?

Yes, there is. Also see post 49.

Peter

I was checking sync website and it said there is an update to 3.7. Tried to download and the page refreshed but nothing happened. Is there an update or not?

The update was temporarily taken down last week but still available via the dealers. Since you already downloaded and installed it on Thursday, if you reported it back to us, you will no longer have the ability to download 3.7 when it comes back online. :)

Rebecca

- If your vehicle is a 2011-2013, you are up to date at 3.6.2; if you have a 2014 or 2015, proceed to downloading 3.7.

Is there an explanation of why 11-13 vehicles don't get to benefit from the update? Have we hit our end-of-life with sync updates, or is there something specific about this one that keeps us from having it applied? I think telling us that our vehicles are up to date is rather inaccurate.

Post 61 shows;

"The MyFord Touch software level V3.7 is primarily designed to support new features not available on model years prior to 2014, as well as features in markets outside North America. In the spirit of Globalization, we have included North American owners of 2014MY and newer vehicles should they choose to update their MyFord Touch system.

We will continue to work on enhancements for all of our SYNC systems."

Peter

I explained the reasoning above, 13Sport ;) :

"The MyFord Touch software level V3.7 is primarily designed to support new features not available on model years prior to 2014, as well as features in markets outside North America. In the spirit of Globalization, we have included North American owners of 2014MY and newer vehicles should they choose to update their MyFord Touch system."

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3344011&postcount=61

Rebecca

I explained the reasoning above, 13Sport ;) :

There are new features, and bug fixes in this release (i.e.: ambient lighting fix). You didn't explain WHY 2013 and below models aren't allowed to benefit. It contains features for 2014 models, but the changes are relevant to my model as well. This seems very much like an EOL statement to us 2013[-] owners.

From other forums, street name labels are bigger and easier to read, time till destination option have changed, etc. Why am I not afforded access to these features because my model year is 1 less than the 2014 (regardless if the APIM hardware is the same).

Post 61 shows;

"The MyFord Touch software level V3.7 is primarily designed to support new features not available on model years prior to 2014, as well as features in markets outside North America. In the spirit of Globalization, we have included North American owners of 2014MY and newer vehicles should they choose to update their MyFord Touch system.

We will continue to work on enhancements for all of our SYNC systems."

Peter

this post doesn't explain WHY 2013 doesn't get the update.

Although it doesn't go into specifics, it does seem clear to me that prior models don't have the features that the update pertains to. I performed the update on mine and haven't noticed anything different concerning my everyday use of MLT.

Peter

Although it doesn't go into specifics, it does seem clear to me that prior models don't have the features that the update pertains to. I performed the update on mine and haven't noticed anything different concerning my everyday use of MLT.

Peter

Your everyday use may not constitute everyone else's everyday use. The changes are specific to navi, as well as the ambient lighting fix. The navi enhancements are valuable to to me, but I'm not eligible for the update because my car was made in 2013 (even though MFT is the same as what is in the 2014 MY's)... There should be a technical reason why 2013 was omitted from receiving the update, since you're not in the excluded group you're really not qualified to comment on how I don't need it.

See my post 28 for the changes. The update has nothing to do with Ambient Lighting. You have also reached an incorrect conclusion. I said I didn't notice any differences from MY everyday use. I never said that you or others would not.

Peter

See my post 28 for the changes. The update has nothing to do with Ambient Lighting. You have also reached an incorrect conclusion. I said I didn't notice any differences from MY everyday use. I never said that you or others would not.
r

Sometimes you're unbelievable.

"The TSB for the Ambient Lighting fix(TSB 14-0175) says "1.If the last five numeric digits (e.g. 4.30.13171.PRODUCT) are 13171, proceed to Step 2.
"

1) this implies the fix is rolled in the new version

2) it would be very irresponsible software development to have a fix for a problem that is then reversed by upgrading to a new version. It's expected that the new version will also contain the fix.

3) This still doesn't explain WHY 2013 vehicles are excluded, so your comments are worthless to the thread. Ford should have an official response as to why they are excluding older (yet current hardware) vehicles. if there is a technical limitation then fine, otherwise I was sent a letter stating my MFT is still under warranty/support and that I will be eligible to receive future updates for 5 years from purchase date. This violates that guarantee.

There is a post by a member who applied the Ambient Lighting TSB and later update to 3.7. He than stated that it appeared that the update wiped out the TSB for the ambient lighting. See post 63.
The issues that the update touched on were pointed out in the post I identified and it didn't mention Ambient Lighting so I can't comment on whether or not it was incorporated. Maybe it did, maybe it didn't. In any case the TSB is there to hopefully fix the problem for those that are having issues with the ambient lighting regardless of whether the 3.7 update applies or not.

Peter

I apologize, 13Sport, but that's all the information I have. If you are experiencing the ambient lighting issue, please make an appointment with your dealership to have it corrected.

Rebecca

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This seems very much like an EOL statement to us 2013[-] owners

this is very disturbing to me. I agree that it looks like it's been EOL'ed for '11-'13s.:thumbdwn:
I suspect that something did change in the MFT/onboard computer system when the MY14 vehicles came out with the climate or whatever it was gone from the screen right of the speedo.

the biggest thing that disturbs me about it being EOL is that the damn thing is so integrated with everything in the car, I can't even rip it out an replace it with an aftermarket that I can update (but even the aftermarket units are POSs).

So much for this... "At the Ford Motor Company, we’re constantly striving to go further – in everything from design and engineering to the ongoing enhancement of vehicle technologies. To help
ensure your continued enjoyment of voice-activated connectivity and more, the limited warranty of your SYNC with MyFord Touch system has been extended to a total of five years from the warranty start date, regardless of mileage. This additional coverage not only exceeds the original warranty coverage provisions of your vehicle, but also includes important future software updates. Please keep this letter as a reminder of this extended coverage (12M02)." I guess they don't consider these important enough updates to update the 11-13 MFT systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back