New Throttle Body - What's Missing? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Throttle Body - What's Missing?

Lifted95X said:
Try not to break the retaining clip when removing it . I did.

Well, if you're talking about the horseshoe shaped clip that keeps the vac-port connected with the hose, i did you one better - i lost it completely!

its ok. Just make sure you make the hose in between the old, and the port on the new tb, long enough so that it puts pressure on that 90 degree bend, then it wont come out. I just made the hose push the 90degree against the manifold, and it wont pop out.

do you think it's possible to just stick a smaller outer-diameter hose into the fitting and just tape it up? Which way is the vacuum going: from TB to hose or from hose to TB? I've got a feeling if i order the part from Ford they'll screw up the order, or that part # will be incorrect, and i'll be waiting forever to get it right...i've got no idea what it looks like.

If you've got pics of your install you could send over, let me know...thanks Lifted

Chris

you probably could do what you said. I would make sure its a slip fit though. The part you order is a small piece of plastic that just acts as a coupler. I will try to get a pic, but i would make sure that it is a pretty tight fit.

Back