• Register Today It's free!

New to me ‘16 Sport

Jimmy11

Reaction score
City, State
Forest hills ny
Year, Model & Trim Level
16 explorer limited
Hey guys, just picked up a ‘16 explorer sport yesterday and love it! Quick question and I apologize if this isn’t right thread so if you need to move it that’s fine. Has anyone else had issue with backup camera coming up when I put car in drive? Also, is there a map update or reprogram I have to do? Tried using navigation this morning and it had trouble picking up my location and was directing me in opposite direction. (I double checked to make sure I had right address in, etc ). It’s CPO so everything will be covered and I’m notifying dealer tomorrow anyways. Just wanted to know if anyone else had these issues? Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't recall any posts regarding the rearview camera coming ON when putting the transmission in 'Drive". Does this happen after you have reversed and then gone to Drive? Then the camera goes off after you start driving? If so, your camera is likely set to "Delay" in the camera settings. I have mine set up that way. When you reach a certain speed it shuts OFF.
I don't think the navigation problem is an issue with a map update. What number is on your navigation S/D card? I believe the lastest is A10.

Peter

Peter,
After more inspection the backup camera is on delay setting. New to me so wasn’t sure. I’ll have to check out the SD card. Where is it located? Thanks

If I recall correctly, it is in the Media Center Hub where there are also USB ports. If you open that door on the console you should see it.
Did you get the Owner's Manual with the vehicle?

If I recall correctly, it is in the Media Center Hub where there are also USB ports. If you open that door on the console you should see it.
Did you get the Owner's Manual with the vehicle?
Yeah will be checking it out today

Back