Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

new to site.. and question..

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by codyb89, July 26, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. codyb89

codyb89 New Member

City, State:
      Mooreshill Indiana
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      03 ranger Fx4
      hello names cody im from indiana.. drive an 03 ranger fx4.. 4.0.. check engine lights been on for a good 2 weeks now advanced nor autozone can read it( i think that plug in on my truck is not good) so i had a buddy of mine who has the obd2 meter try to read it well his wont work on it either.. today on the way to work.. it flashes ok so its missing real bad.. any suggestions on what it might be or if anyone has had any problems like before and input can help thanks.. Cody..

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Tbars4

Tbars4 Moderator Emeritus Elite In Memoriam

Media:
      City, State:
      anaheim hills,california
      95 ranger 4x4/ 91 X 4x4
      ..I can't guess what the code is but a flashing CEL means park it ASAP before severe damage...;)

..It's telling you it now has a severe fault and is not drivable..You may need to have it professionally diagnosed by a shop that has the good readers but as for why it can't detect it on a basic reader, I haven't a clue...:dunno:

4. codyb89

codyb89 New Member

City, State:
      Mooreshill Indiana
      03 ranger Fx4
      well readin up on some info i found out that a coil pack can make an engine do everything that mine is doin.. and from autozone coil pack is only 30 bucks.. mise well start there. id rather work on it my self then take it to a dealer ship ya know what i mean lol

5. herebyproxy

herebyproxy Active Member

City, State:
      Luthersville, Ga
      2000 Sport
      There are so many possibilities

The coil pack is just one of the things that can cause the missing......you should read the threads that deal with engines missing......I went through about 10 possibilities before I found my problem....my problem was a cracked head.......

6. BrooklynBay

BrooklynBay Moderator & long time member. Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Brooklyn, NY
      88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars
    7. 1AJeremyD

1AJeremyD Well-Known Member

City, State:
      Mass
      95 XLT 4.0
      Welcome to the forum! If you are having trouble reading the codes sometimes the OBD2 port code be bad or there could be an issue with the computer itself. I would definitely start with the cheaper route and replace the coil packs if you don't want to go to a dealer and see what codes they can pull