New to the forum; recently purchased '97 XLT | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New to the forum; recently purchased '97 XLT

1996Z15

Reaction score
City, State
Little Egg Harbor, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 XLT
I recently purchased a '97 XLT that is going to be used, mainly, to keep the miles down on my '02 Corvette and to be used as a winter vehicle. It has 145k miles on it and, considering, it runs great.

I do need to find out where I can purchase a replacement 6 disc CD cartridge though.

Another thing I want to do is replace the front hub assembles and I have been told that the truck will need brakes in the near future and that the rotors will need to be replaced.

I have seen hub assemblies and rotor / pad packages for sale on Ebay and was wondering what everyone's thoughts are on these parts. I am not looking to sink a ton of money into the vehicle but, at the same time, I don't want to throw money down the toilet by buying cheap parts that aren't going to last.

Any thoughts / feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I am glad that I found this forum and hope to learn alot about these vehicles; it is my first 4WD SUV of any kind.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome! I just picked up one myself! Great knowledge on this site from what I have seen!

Welcome to the forum! There are lots of aftermarket parts out there. Some with warranties some with out. Some that are brand named and some that are not. What I would suggest is shop around and see what price range works for you and warranty that works for you. Happy hunting!

Back