Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

New to the forum; recently purchased '97 XLT

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by 1996Z15, June 19, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. 1996Z15

1996Z15 New Member

City, State:
      Little Egg Harbor, NJ
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      1997 XLT
      I recently purchased a '97 XLT that is going to be used, mainly, to keep the miles down on my '02 Corvette and to be used as a winter vehicle. It has 145k miles on it and, considering, it runs great.

I do need to find out where I can purchase a replacement 6 disc CD cartridge though.

Another thing I want to do is replace the front hub assembles and I have been told that the truck will need brakes in the near future and that the rotors will need to be replaced.

I have seen hub assemblies and rotor / pad packages for sale on Ebay and was wondering what everyone's thoughts are on these parts. I am not looking to sink a ton of money into the vehicle but, at the same time, I don't want to throw money down the toilet by buying cheap parts that aren't going to last.

Any thoughts / feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I am glad that I found this forum and hope to learn alot about these vehicles; it is my first 4WD SUV of any kind.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. BrooklynBay

BrooklynBay Moderator & long time member. Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Brooklyn, NY
      88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars
    4. 1Aauto

1Aauto EF Vendor

City, State:
      mass
      92 explorer
      Welcome to the site

5. Deuces

Deuces New Member

City, State:
      Roselle, IL
      '97 Explorer XLT 4.0 SOHC
      Welcome! I just picked up one myself! Great knowledge on this site from what I have seen!

6. 1AJeremyD

1AJeremyD Well-Known Member

City, State:
      Mass
      95 XLT 4.0
      Welcome to the forum! There are lots of aftermarket parts out there. Some with warranties some with out. Some that are brand named and some that are not. What I would suggest is shop around and see what price range works for you and warranty that works for you. Happy hunting!