Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

New to the forum

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Jcanderson02, January 10, 2013.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Jcanderson02

Jcanderson02 New Member

City, State:
      Connecticut
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      02 ford explorer
      Hows it goin everyone, im Jim im new to the forum have been reading alot lately and figured id register so i can have a part in the conversations. Ive been reading alot about the lifts and leveling of the 3rd gen explorers. I have an 02 that is currently stock i love it. Im looking to just level out the front raise it up maybe an inch or an inch an a half. I want to be able to fit around 255/70/16 or 255/75/16s . Im planning on getting wheels and tires soon was wondering about the backspacing or offset on the wheels. Im lookingg for the tires to stick out an extra 2 inches maybe to give it a beefier look. When im ordering rims what would a good backspacing or offset be on the rims?? Im looking to get the soft 8 black wheels keeping it kind of simple dont want a large lift just want to fit those tire sizes without rubbing especially in the front turning the wheel. Ive read alot on here and read alot of different things. Hope someone could help me out

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. 1AJeremyD

1AJeremyD Well-Known Member

City, State:
      Mass
      95 XLT 4.0
      Welcome to the forums! I'm not to savvy with tires but I know there are a ton of people here that are!

4. BigRondo

BigRondo USMC 1371 Elite Explorer Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
      Worcester, MA
      2002 XLT V6 4x4
    5. BrooklynBay

BrooklynBay Moderator & long time member. Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Brooklyn, NY
      88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars
      Welcome to this forum! Check the shocks, suspensions, and lift kits section in addition to the above mentioned forums.