Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

new to the site

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by rollingdj, November 23, 2012.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. rollingdj

rollingdj New Member

Year, Model & Trim Level:
      1999 ford explorer
      Hey everybody! I was doing an online search for some help on modifying my vehicle and I came across this site. Needless to say it's a pretty great site! I used to own a green 1993 Explorer. Bought it for $500, put a few grand total over the years to keep her running, and installed a banging sound system in it. Unfortunately, it grew to have a couple serious problems and I was getting sick of fixing it so I sold it for a mere $300 :( the sound system was worth way more than that by leaving the aftermarket stereo/speakers/wiring in it! I bought a 2007 Saab 9-3 and thought I was going to rock that till I died but my dad bought a new car and sold me his black 1999 Explorer for dirt cheap. So now I have 2 cars and I've ALWAYS wanted to pimp that black 1999 Explorer and i'm almost complete with doing so. The modifications so far have been:
      +replaced chrome grille assembly with a custom made black grille and stainless steel billet
      +replaced headlight assembly with LED HALO projector headlights
      +replaced antenna with short black antenna
      +30% tints driver/pass side
      +5% tints wrap around
      +repainted roof rack
      +painted rear grey plastic and chrome quarter pieces in black
      +painted grey trunk plastic strip black
      +painted top of rear bumper black
      +painted rims black
      +blacked out tail lights
      +removed rear make/model decals
      +installed a Kenwood 6" touchscreen dvd player, Alpine 5x7 interior speakers with an Alpine component amp, and 2 JL 10" subs with a 500w rms JL monoblock amp.

Near future modifications will be:
      +painting front bumper piece and rear bumper black
      +blacking out fog lamps
      +installing a green underbody LED light kit
      +chroming the exhaust tip
      +installing a cold air intake system

I will upload pics next week as soon as I finish painting the front bumper and fog lights. If you have any suggestions on other modifications I could do (especially performance wise) or anything else please feel free to respond. Thanks.

Last edited: December 2, 2012
    2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. BrooklynBay

BrooklynBay Moderator & long time member. Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Brooklyn, NY
      88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars
      Welcome to this forum!

4. rollingdj

rollingdj New Member

1999 ford explorer
      Thanks! I'll be finishing up painting it tomorrow so pics will soon follow.

5. rollingdj

rollingdj New Member

1999 ford explorer
      OK, so here are the pics. All work was done by myself minus installing the sound system and tints. Original styling included: Grey plastic front bumper, rear trim, D/P side upper quarter panels. Chrome accents on fog lamps, door trim, D/P side lower quarter panels, rear bumper, and stock grille assembly. These areas were painted with Plasti Dip. There will be more modifications later as this is a working project.
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]