Newb! Looking for Kansas City Modded Sports | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Newb! Looking for Kansas City Modded Sports

jeremy.flowers

Reaction score
City, State
GREENWOOD
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Sport
Hey....

My fiance and I are purchasing a 2013 Sport this Saturday.

I'm very interested to meet some fellow modded Sports that are currently in KC. I want to hear aftermarket exhausts, look at lowered rides with spacers, and possibly get a ride in a tuned Sport.

Please post here if you're a KC Sport owner and would be willing to meet up at some point.

Looking forward to the forums!

Thanks,

Jeremy (newb)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum Jeremy.:wave:

Peter

Glad to see another neighboring Ex owner on the forum. I'm just down 150 by Raintree Lake from you.

Glad to see another neighboring Ex owner on the forum. I'm just down 150 by Raintree Lake from you.

Awesome! We just picked up the car today. Holy crap....it's the fastest Sport we have driven! I don't know if it's been tuned or not but wow....it's got impressive pull.

Would love to catch up with you sometime and see your ride! First list of mods....tint front windows, intake and exhaust.

My cell is 816 500 4774. Text me sometime and maybe we can meet up at Price Chopper or something.

Awesome! We just picked up the car today. Holy crap....it's the fastest Sport we have driven! I don't know if it's been tuned or not but wow....it's got impressive pull.

Would love to catch up with you sometime and see your ride! First list of mods....tint front windows, intake and exhaust.

My cell is 816 500 4774. Text me sometime and maybe we can meet up at Price Chopper or something.

So funny story....

My neighbor and his wife bought a 2015 Sport last July. We have talked about his a few times and I told him I wanted one.

I went over today to tell him we bought one and I told him about how I drove another Sport and thought it was slow. He asked if it was a grey one at Bob Sight. I said, yes!!! He said it was an XLT with a sport package. It wasn't a real Sport.

That is the reason we were so unsatisfied before...it wasn't a real sport!!

Super excited to get to tinker with this ride!!

So funny story....

My neighbor and his wife bought a 2015 Sport last July. We have talked about his a few times and I told him I wanted one.

I went over today to tell him we bought one and I told him about how I drove another Sport and thought it was slow. He asked if it was a grey one at Bob Sight. I said, yes!!! He said it was an XLT with a sport package. It wasn't a real Sport.

That is the reason we were so unsatisfied before...it wasn't a real sport!!

Super excited to get to tinker with this ride!!
Was it advertised as a Sport?

Peter

Was it advertised as a Sport?

Peter

Peter....I believe so. I just asked them if I could drive the grey Explorer Sport out there.

I get my oil changed there for my Fusion so I didn't see it posted anywhere.

Just crappy they didn't say "it's just a sport package XLT"

I am also in LS.
2011 Ex LTD, Sterling Grey, almost exactly like Tinner only no HID, shark fin, or tint on mine.
This is my first SUV in a long time (last was a 1995 Ex). I am debating moving up to a Sport. When I test drove them back to back (ltd vs sprt) I didn't think the sport warranted the extra $ for less options. Now after having it for several months I miss the acceleration and there are several Sports with the options my ltd has. The biggest difference I remember wasn't so much the off the line acceleration it was the mid range power. There are literally times when I feel like i'm going backwards and have to stand on the No it's not as sporty as all the sports cars I've owned, but it does come in handy when you want to a haul 7 people and a dog to go camping ;-)

I have had a 2015 Sport just shy of a year. I'm located in near Liberty in the Northland. No mods to speak of although I've removed the EXPLORER letters from the front of the hood and painted the brake calipers & SPORT embossed in the wheels to match the Ruby Red paint. I've been over the body to set the shot lines where plastic meets metal.

I have had a 2015 Sport just shy of a year. I'm located in near Liberty in the Northland. No mods to speak of although I've removed the EXPLORER letters from the front of the hood and painted the brake calipers & SPORT embossed in the wheels to match the Ruby Red paint. I've been over the body to set the shot lines where plastic meets metal.

Nice!!!

I've been told by the fiance that I can't do anything on the Sport until after the wedding. Luckily....the wedding is in 10 days! :)

Looking to get an exhaust, intake and tint the front windows. Might do the 1" spacers on the wheels but that would probably be it for now.

Looking to get a Livernois tune, lowering kit by H&R and possibly some new 22's.

She wants to paint the calipers lime green (her favorite color) but I'd like to look at aftermarket braking systems before I paint them.

We really love the car....so much that I'm looking at a 2015 SHO this weekend to replace my Fusion!!!

Nice!!!

I've been told by the fiance that I can't do anything on the Sport until after the wedding. Luckily....the wedding is in 10 days! :)

Looking to get an exhaust, intake and tint the front windows. Might do the 1" spacers on the wheels but that would probably be it for now.

Looking to get a Livernois tune, lowering kit by H&R and possibly some new 22's.

She wants to paint the calipers lime green (her favorite color) but I'd like to look at aftermarket braking systems before I paint them.

We really love the car....so much that I'm looking at a 2015 SHO this weekend to replace my Fusion!!!
Not sure if you've seen this thread but the OP ran into 'rubbing' issues; http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?threads/has-anyone-rolled-rear-fenders.447478/

Peter

Back