Nitrous Shots | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Nitrous Shots

I have a 92 sport, exhaust and intake, no cats, and was wondering how much nitrous the motor can take, it is mechanically sound and leaks nothing, and also can the stock injectors handle a dry shot or whould i just go with a wet kit.

Ok, talking about nitrous oxide is always a sensitive subject. I just want to say I'm not responsible for anything that happens to your truck.

You can probably handle a 55 shot dry, but you run the risk of leaning out and damaging parts. I have a dry kit on mine, but I up the fuel pressure through my secondary FMU that came with the supercharger. Your injectors aren't the problem, it's if the stock fuel system and computer can react fast enough to give you enough fuel. Also, a 55-65 shot is about the max you can go without changing ignition timing or components. If I were you, I'd go with a 65 wet shot to be on the safe side. With a wet shot also, you have less of a need to change the ignition timing so you can run a slightly higher shot.

Just get a wet kit that has a dual nozzle to spray both nitrous and fuel into the intake stream.

And I'll move this to the need for speed forum ;)

Ask Troll or Bk Mik, real pros who know what they are talking about.

Good luck.

yeah , i have a wet kit already, how do i get a hold of the guys

They'll pop up :)

What shot are you running now? Frankly, I wouldn't trust the motor with more than about an 85-90 shot if you use it frequently. But like I said above, you probably want to change the timing and run colder plugs with more than a 65 shot. Just fyi, I'm running a 70 shot dry with fuel enrichment through the FMU and I can retard the timing on the fly if I need to.

Back