Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Nitto Terra Grappler?

Discussion in 'Tires & Wheels' started by DarkStone, October 19, 2006.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. DarkStone

DarkStone Member

City, State:
    Houston, TX
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    05 Eddie Bauer
    anyone have these? Likes? Dislikes? treadwear? loud on highway?

2. Support EF

Elite Explorer 2 for 1 Sale! $20 for 2 years!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. dirtbro

dirtbro Active Member

City, State:
    Pine Mountain Club, CA
    1998 XLT
    ive ridden in trucks w/ them before and theydont make much of a noise...you could pretty much compare them to the rest of the popular at's...now mud grapplers, they scream! :thumbsup:

4. hiridin

hiridin Active Member

City, State:
    tx
    1998 ford explorer 4x4
    dad had them on his 3/4 ton duramax barely got 15,000 mi out of them but he did tow with it. buddy has an f150 with 33's and hopes to get 40,000 mi out of them but time will tell. seem to work well offroad for being an all terrain.

5. nickm347

nickm347 Active Member

'00 Eddie Bauer
    Im gettin new tires and have considered these....from what i understand from research and reading reviews, its a soft compound tire and wears quickly, but that may be due to not rotating them. they seem to get good traction. here are some reviews of them from discounttire.com

Tire Reviews

6. Dignan

Dignan Active Member

City, State:
    Idaho Falls, Idaho
    '99 5.0
    I have been looking for tires for my F-350. I have used the BFG ATs on my Explorer since I got it in 94. The BFGs are great, but I was almost ready to go with the Nittos to save a little money, but after reading those reviews from discount tire, I'm starting to think twice. The issue of treadwear is what concerns me the most. If they are only going to last me 20 or 30 K, count me out. I just put on the 4th set of BFGs on my Explorer and I put almost 200,000 miles on the last three sets. Even if it does cost me an extra $200 it will be worth it if they last 2 or 3 times as long.