NITTO vs. TOYO | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

NITTO vs. TOYO

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Both are great on the street and in rain. I chose Toyo just because they look awesome. These tires are not very good on ice though, obviously!

what pressure

what tire pressure do you have yours at in the picture? I am just curious

Have you looked at Kumo? I started with Pirelli Scorpion Zero and recently changed to the Kumos.

i have Nitto's on mine, and i love them. but, the ones i got (NT450's) only come in 3 sizes; some little one, a 255/50/17, and a 275/50/17. wear great (so far), stick like glue, handling is just awesome. but, ive got a cousin with Toyo's on a lowered Tahoe and they are great, too. so, it just comes down to personal preference. Nitto has the NT505 in a lot of sizes, but most i saw were HUGE. and also, the tread on the 505 isnt near as purdy as it is on my 450's.:p

I have the Toyo open country tires on my ride, and so far they haven't let me down. There's no loss of traction whatsoever in the rain, and I love em for that. Off road, I would give them a 6.5 out of ten, which isn't that bad considering they're an all terrain and not mud terrain. I've driven in some deep sand with these tires and they performed well. Mud tends to fill up the tread fairly easy, so if you do much of that kind of driving, I wouldn't reccomend them.

Toyo vote here...

I have proxes s/t that so far have been great.

Road Conditions:

dry-great
rain-good
snow-n/a until it snows(NJ)
ice-n/a not like much is good
mud-what the heck is mud?
sand-huh?

I have a pic of the tread in this post:

Dead Link Removed

Back