Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

No 4wd

Discussion in 'Stock 2002 - 2005 Explorers' started by Wash 02 EB, June 12, 2005.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1. Wash 02 EB

Wash 02 EB New Member

City, State:
    seattle wa
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    02 Eddie Bauer
    I seem to have a problem a few people here have. I have a 02 Eb and the 4wd is out. it first startes one morning when the tranny case suddenly went into neutral while driving. Towed it to a shop and they told me they could not get figure it out.But now it was in 2wd so I could drive it. so I took it to a dealer. he scaned the computer and told me that they could not find a code. charged me 107.00 for the scan.

So i drive it home and the next few days it would go into 4wd intermitently. Now for the last 3 months 4wd is gone. Dash buttons don't control it or do they light. I can tell it not engaging 4wd because I can make the rear tires spin on wet pavement.

Anyone know whats going on????

I gues I'm lucky its stuck in 2wd :D

Thanks

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. TPLYNCH

TPLYNCH Well-Known Member

City, State:
    Brewster, NY
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    1999 XLS
    There have been reports of trouble with the 4x4 controller on the newer Ex's. It's behind the glove compartment.