• Register Today It's free!

No 4x4 LOW help!!!!

ajay5605

Reaction score
City, State
detroit michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 2 door sport
i have a 1992 2 door x with manual tranny 4x4 and auto hubs that i bout about 2 weeks ago whhen i got it i had no 4x4 but i rebuilt the t-case shift motor and no i have 4x4 hi working great but i have no 4x4 low when i try to shft to 4x4 low i am already in 4x4 hi and parked with the tranny in nuetral and the clutch depressed (pressed to the floor) and when i push the button i get nothing and the gem in the back does not click (but i can hear it clicking when i switch to 4x4 high) i did connect the brown t-case wire that comes out of the t-case and i also connected the magnetic sensor when i pulled the motor out and they have good connections. does anyone have any ideas on why my 4x4 low does not work????

just today i also noticed that on top of my manual tranny there is a sensor that looks ok but the wires to it are cut and the clip that appears that it is for that sensor is just hangin there. this sensor is right on the top of the tranny and i cant find any info on it does anyone know what it is for and if it has anything to do with the 4x4 not working

anyhelp would be greatly appreciated

i have a 1992 2 door x with manual tranny 4x4 and auto hubs that i bout about 2 weeks ago whhen i got it i had no 4x4 but i rebuilt the t-case shift motor and no i have 4x4 hi working great but i have no 4x4 low when i try to shft to 4x4 low i am already in 4x4 hi and parked with the tranny in nuetral and the clutch depressed (pressed to the floor) and when i push the button i get nothing and the gem in the back does not click (but i can hear it clicking when i switch to 4x4 high) i did connect the brown t-case wire that comes out of the t-case and i also connected the magnetic sensor when i pulled the motor out and they have good connections. does anyone have any ideas on why my 4x4 low does not work????

just today i also noticed that on top of my manual tranny there is a sensor that looks ok but the wires to it are cut and the clip that appears that it is for that sensor is just hangin there. this sensor is right on the top of the tranny and i cant find any info on it does anyone know what it is for and if it has anything to do with the 4x4 not working

anyhelp would be greatly appreciated

Sounds like internal transfer case problems. Really an issue for the 'transfer case, transmission section'.

as for the sensor, Maybe it's the vacuum modulator? It doesn't have a sensor on it only one vacuum line. So I'm lost and also stuck with a rebuilt shift motor and no 4wd at all :(

sorry guys it was just my dumba$$ just not pressing the brake with the clutch apparently you need to push them both down

Back