No air coming through vents | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Stiff

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Ford Explorer XLT
I have done a lot of reading and research trying to figure this one out, so if anyone can help that would be much appreciated. I got in my 2006 Ford
Explorer XLT 4.0 4WD and no air was coming through. I ran a couple things like switching from heat to AC, and toggling the speeds 1-4, along with changing the location of the air. Nothing works. I checked the fuses they looked good but replaced anyway. Blower motor Relay in the engine fuse compartment replaced. My blower motor resistor - tested, and was out of range so replaced. I also checked the blower motor auxiliary fuse - looked good switched with another fuse and still nothing. Still not working - so I replaced the blower motor itself. Still nothing. I was thinking maybe the rear blower motor resistor - tested that and was within ranges, did not replace. Side note the AC button doesn't even light up anymore when I push it, it's almost like there is no power or something. I can hear the actuator doors opening and closing when I move the switch from floor to upper or defroster vents etc so I know that works.

Any help anyone?

**update**

Ok. So I have been doing more trouble shooting and I think I have a short somewhere. On the inside fuse panel I keep blowing a 10amp fuse, specifically #20 for "Manual climate, DEATC, Brake shift". I put my old motor back in and it works from what I can tell until the fuse blows after a second or so. You can at least hear it firing up then stop.

Any ideas?

Ok. So I have been doing more trouble shooting and I think I have a short somewhere. On the inside fuse panel I keep blowing a 10amp fuse, specifically #20 for "Manual climate, DEATC, Brake shift". I put my old motor back in and it works from what I can tell until the fuse blows after a second or so. You can at least hear it firing up then stop.

Any ideas?

Could be an issue with the shift interlock. Just guessing though.

Could be an issue with the shift interlock. Just guessing though.

Your right. I had replaced the shift interlock control module (SICM) the week prior, so I wasn't looking at it until I sat there and stepped back from spinning my wheels just running forward and wanted to sit and break it down. So I removed the new SICM and put it the old one which works intermittently and it fixed the entire issue outside of the SICM working sometimes. I will post a how to fix the SICM once I get the new part, it's way easier to just remove the entire center console then try to do it through the small space provided like some say to do. Well I have bigger hands so maybe that's it.

Thanks Suzook for your response.

Back