Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

No DJ

Discussion in 'Explorer Audio & Navigation' started by Scout3, January 21, 2012.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. Scout3

Scout3 Active Member

City, State:
    Orange Park. Fl
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    My son has a 97 xplorer. I pulled the radio out of the dash to pull the dash cluster to change burnt dash lights. Now he says his CD player doesn't work. He swears it did before I messed wth it. When you press CD it says no DJ. The CD player in the console acts completely dead it will not even eject the cartridge. I pulled the unit out of the dash and rechecked the connectors and all look good. Anybody have a wire diagram so I can check for power to the player? any other ideas?

Ed

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. scucci

scucci Active Member

98 Sport
  4. mousemoose

mousemoose New Member

1995 explorer
    my cd player in my consol won`t eject and won`t play it said no dj

5. DjDom

DjDom Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
    Toronto, Ontario
    97 XL(imited)
    No DJ? I'm right here! :D

Anyway. If the radio says No DJ, it means it doesn't recognize that the CD player is connected. That means that either the wire in the back of the radio has come loose, or your CD Player broke, which is very common in Fords with that CD changer.