• Register Today It's free!

No power in reverse

SharkyC

Reaction score
City, State
Vallejo, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer PIU
so i dont know if this is normal or what but a few weeks ago i try going up a curve in reverse and i couldnt. So i added wood blocks it went up perfect.

So yesterday I went to Apple Hill with the GF to hang out and i parked forward in a decline hill not too much of a decline (front was in the down side and rear tires where higher) off the road. When i tryed to leave i put it in reverse and it just wouldnt get back on the road. So i had to move forward and punched it going in reverse to get some speed to get out.

I thought AWD (all wheel drive) would prevent this from happening? Is this normal? Or should i be concerned? Do your guys is PIU do the same?

I got a 2015 PIU with 256k miles.

I think you may have a problem. I don't see why going in reverse in the conditions you described should be any different than going forward. When you said "it just wouldn't get back on the road" what exactly did it do? I'm guessing the PIU doesn't have the Terrain Management System (TMS). That should have helped.

Peter

I mean. I did manage to reverse it but i had to go forward a little and then stepped on the gas so it would get some speed to make it over the little hump (the road). I mean i drove it about 100 mile to and from Apple hill. So the trans seems to be fine. I dont know about the PTU how can one diagnos it? It i back up it into a curve slowly it wont go up i thought AWD would make it easy to make it up. I never driven an AWD mostly rear wheel drive.

Back