No power to the A/C compressor. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

No power to the A/C compressor.

marshall1084

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 explorer
Hello everyone!! New member here from Tampa, FL. My father in law has a 94 ford explorer that is getting no power to the AC compressor, specifically the wiring running into the compressor itself, there is no power behind it. He has checked all the fuses and most of the other power systems but he needs a detailed wiring schematic to find out where the wire that goes into the compressor originates from. Any and all help would be super appreciated!!

Welcome to this forum! I've moved your thread into the A/C & heater section. Did you check the pressure in the system to see if there is enough freon in there? The low pressure cycling switch is designed to cut power to the compressor clutch if there is insufficient freon in the system. Another thing to check is the compressor relay.

Hey wat up its me in the sunshine state.i have a 96 explorer with same exact problem right now. I took one of those free coupon books from my advance auto parts and found a local shop that offered a free a/c system check.i had already tested the connections with the multimeter and found that there was no power to the compressor but i didnt say jack cause i wanted to see what they come up with.after waiting 2 hours they told me that the compressor wasnt getting power;( and to find the actual problem would start at $90 an hour and i said thank you bye and i drove off the ramps and jetted:) he had also told me that just a guest it sounds like the a/c computer might be the problem and my refriderant was full or the engine computer could have burnt wiring. But i never heard of a a/c computer.

Back