Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

No power to the A/C compressor.

Discussion in 'A/C & Heater systems - HVAC' started by marshall1084, June 19, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. marshall1084

marshall1084 New Member

Year, Model & Trim Level:
      94 explorer
      Hello everyone!! New member here from Tampa, FL. My father in law has a 94 ford explorer that is getting no power to the AC compressor, specifically the wiring running into the compressor itself, there is no power behind it. He has checked all the fuses and most of the other power systems but he needs a detailed wiring schematic to find out where the wire that goes into the compressor originates from. Any and all help would be super appreciated!!

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. BrooklynBay

BrooklynBay Moderator & long time member. Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Brooklyn, NY
      88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars
      Welcome to this forum! I've moved your thread into the A/C & heater section. Did you check the pressure in the system to see if there is enough freon in there? The low pressure cycling switch is designed to cut power to the compressor clutch if there is insufficient freon in the system. Another thing to check is the compressor relay.

4. GLICIOUS21

GLICIOUS21 New Member

City, State:
      somewhere n front of a cop
      1996 EXPLORER LIMITED
      Hey wat up its me in the sunshine state.i have a 96 explorer with same exact problem right now. I took one of those free coupon books from my advance auto parts and found a local shop that offered a free a/c system check.i had already tested the connections with the multimeter and found that there was no power to the compressor but i didnt say jack cause i wanted to see what they come up with.after waiting 2 hours they told me that the compressor wasnt getting power;( and to find the actual problem would start at $90 an hour and i said thank you bye and i drove off the ramps and jetted:) he had also told me that just a guest it sounds like the a/c computer might be the problem and my refriderant was full or the engine computer could have burnt wiring. But i never heard of a a/c computer.