Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

No reverse

Discussion in 'Transmissions & Transfer Cases' started by fubarman, July 4, 2011.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^
  1. fubarman

fubarman New Member

City, State:
    Pullman WA
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    1996 Eddie Bauer
    Hey everyone I have a 93 exploer xlt all stock with auto tranny. changed fuel pump today so it will run now tranny has no reverse forward gears work fine fluid smells ok not burnt. When I put it in reverse it creeps forward never engages to move back. Has anyone had this problem is there a easy fix or do I need to change tranny.

Thanks

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. PopRichie77

PopRichie77 Well-Known Member

City, State:
    Quakertown, PA
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2001 Explorer Sport 4X4
    Search the forum, this problem has came up many times and there are many different things that can cause it. I won't try to help as I am not that familiar with the 4ALD trans.

We Support Our Troops!