No start ..no crank..Anti theft light blinking | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

No start ..no crank..Anti theft light blinking

Carolinagirl_

Reaction score
City, State
Gaffney, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 ford explorer 4wd
So I have a 2004 ford explorer. I just went out one day and it wouldn't start. Before I noticed the anti theft light. I took battery and had it checked and took starter off and both were good. Then I noticed the anti theft light blinks rapidly for about a minute and after a minute it blinks 6 times then pauses and blinks again. I took the key to my local locksmith and he said the chip in key was still programmed. I have checked all the fuses and relays and wiring and everything looks good. Anyone have any ideas of what else I could try? Thank you!

I don't know if this will work for you but I just read of someone else having the same issue. They turned their key to the on position then put the shifter into Drive and then back to Park again then turned the key to start. Give it s shot it might work.

So I have a 2004 ford explorer. I just went out one day and it wouldn't start. Before I noticed the anti theft light. I took battery and had it checked and took starter off and both were good. Then I noticed the anti theft light blinks rapidly for about a minute and after a minute it blinks 6 times then pauses and blinks again. I took the key to my local locksmith and he said the chip in key was still programmed. I have checked all the fuses and relays and wiring and everything looks good. Anyone have any ideas of what else I could try? Thank you!
Thank you. I have read that one to and tried it but didn' work unfortunately. I' about ready to pour some gasoline on it lol

Back