Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

No Start with Key(s)

Discussion in '2001-2005 Explorer Sport Trac' started by drhogan, July 27, 2011.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^
  1. drhogan

drhogan New Member

City, State:
    Iowa
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2002 Explorer XLT
    We have a 2002 Explorer with an aftermarket remote start on it. Yesterday out of the blue it would not start with either key or the remote. It turns over fine but will not fire. The THEFT light on the dash is blinking. Any ideas, our garage is working on it now so......

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. drhogan

drhogan New Member

City, State:
    Iowa
    2002 Explorer XLT
    additional Info

I should also state fuel system is fine mechanically seems sound.

4. 600remguy

600remguy Active Member

City, State:
    SW Ontario
    '04 SportTrac XLT 4Paw
    How fast is thief light blinking- once every 3 or so seconds or faster than that by alot?

5. drhogan

drhogan New Member

City, State:
    Iowa
    2002 Explorer XLT
    Blink rate

it blinks at the normal rate not real fast but not a delayed blink either. Sorry as technical as I can get.

6. dgonz

dgonz Active Member

City, State:
    Porterville, CA
    2005 XLS
    Just a shot in the dark but I would think it's something with your kill switch. I had just an aftermarket alarm system on there when I bought the truck and the kill switch wouldn't turn off when I unlocked the truck with my keyfob so I was stranded more than once, eventually having to disconnect the battery and reconnect it to reset the whole computer on the truck. I had it removed.

7. 600remguy

600remguy Active Member

City, State:
    SW Ontario
    '04 SportTrac XLT 4Paw
    I'm very serious here, but check the operation of the fuel pump. It has been locked out or has failed. Start with all the normal stuff-breakers, relays, wiring. Had the same thing happen to my dad's '02 T-Bird. $1300 later, it got a new fuel pump. Wasted 5 days diagnosing the theft system and as it was 60 miles away, they also had to reprogram the theft system and a new key because they wouldn't listen to me and screwed it up.

We Support Our Troops!