Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Noise at Hwy speeds

Discussion in 'Stock 2002 - 2005 Explorers' started by carnegieron, May 17, 2005.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. carnegieron

carnegieron New Member

City, State:
    Palm Harbor, FL
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2002 XLT
    I get a dull noise/roar around 68/72 mph only, then it goes away. It seems to be coming from the right side of the truck. I thought it was a tire but I have just replaced them and the dull roar is still there. I get my truck serviced regularly by the dealer and they have no answer, as you can't drive that fast around this area in order for anyone at the dealership to even hear the noise.

2. Support EF

Elite Explorer 2 for 1 Sale! $20 for 2 years!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. ExplorerDMB

ExplorerDMB Moderator/Technician Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
    Mechanicsville, Virginia
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2004 Acura TL
    That is very odd. It's not exactly the safest thing to do, but when you are driving kind of sway the vehicle from left to right to basically throw the weight onto one side then onto the other. Just short turns - say from 12 o'clock to 11 or 1 o'clock. If the noise goes away when you are doing this, look into your wheel bearings. Otherwise, it could be a few things, but kind of hard to figure out with just that information.

-Drew