not sure if my motor is running 100% | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

not sure if my motor is running 100%

Mudboy

Reaction score
City, State
Bellmawr NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 ex
Not sure what to expect out of it. it has 3.55's and stock 235/75/15s on it. Should it be able to spin the tires from a dead stop on pavement without power braking it? I'm not really wanting to do this, but the other day I floored it from a dead stop and it just went no squeal no nothing. Made me wonder if it should have more power or not. It runs pretty smooth, good oil pressure. once in a while a lifter will tick than quiet up then tick again. I have recently cleaned my maf , seafoamed through brake booster hose, and cleaned the IAC. that made a huge difference in my idle and did away with teh stumble i had off of the line. Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

no getting an gen 1 to do any kind of burn out usually takes wet pavement or grass or turning the steering wheel off the way to one side

I drove a 1994 Explorer for a very long time. It never was able to "light up" the rear tires to any extent.

I think the hp of these is somewhere in the neighborhood of 155 or so. no burn outs but you feel free to brake real hard its kinda like a burn out in reverse.:)

lol. This is good news me then, It means that I'm starting to end my journey at getting the thing to run 100%. All I need to do now is regular tune up stuff.

Back