• Register Today It's free!

Nozzle holder for fuel injectors

acool57

Reaction score
City, State
Upland, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 XLT
Hi to all, I'm a new member, so if I don't get this right, please excuse.

My problem is this, I have removed a fuel injector from my 99 Explorer V6 OHV motor, and on the bottom end of the injector is cup that looks like it is made of phenolic plastic (it's kinda hard). The cup inserts into the head, the lower o-ring on the injector into the cup. I have heard this item called a "nozzle holder" and it acts like a seat for the injector.

Well, the one that came out is no good, and I have called and visited several Ford dealers in Southern California and they say they don't have a listing, it's not made. one guy said he had it and it wasn't even close. I need to know how to get my hands on one of these and maybe a part number?

I hope this made sense, and thanks for taking the time to read my post.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ok, you have something mixed up. The injector is all one piece, there is nothing that inserts into the head first. I believe what you are referring to, however, is called the pintle cap.

As far as obtaining one, I have no idea. As far as I know, there is no easy place to find one of those. You could call a place that rebuilds injectors and ask where they get them, however.

Edit: Ok, I assumed since you have an OHV that it would be the same injectors that are on my 94. I looked and it's not true, however, my statement still stands. If the lower o-ring were in a "cup" it wouldn't seal good enough and would cause problems.

You illustrate my point perfectly

There have got to be like 30,000,000 Explorers with this engine and I must be asking for the wrong part or something, it cant be that unusual. I've got pictures but Im not sure how to post them to this forum.

Thanks for the info!

You answered my question faster than I could find it in the FAQ's. Thanks!

Pictures of the mysterious part

Ok here are a couple pics of the "cup" "seat" "nozzle" whatever.

injector1.jpg

injector2.jpg

If you need replacement o-ring sets, pintle caps, injector filters, you can get kits from mrinjector.com. Very inexpensive and great service. I have ordered complete sets for 2 - 4.0L. Pintle caps and filter screens are very hard to find locally.

Hope this helps

EE

Still looking for information

I tried mrinjector.us and they dont show this part on their site either. I'm looking for the part on the left in the top picture and I don't think it is the pintel cap. For clarification, the injector goes into the bottom o-ring which then inserts into this plasrtic part, that then goes into the cylinder head. When I removed the injector, it came out with the injector and I had to pull it off the bottom o-ring.

Does that help?

injector seat part name?

I just broke one of these "seats" too? Did you ever find the proper name and where to buy them?

Ok, I need a set too.
Somebody help!

Back