Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

OBD2 Troubleshooting

Discussion in 'Computers, Chips & Tuning' started by Amarotica, August 28, 2016.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Amarotica

Amarotica New Member

Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2004 Explorer
      Hi all,
      I recently got an 04 explorer. It came with some odd but not hidden transmission problems and also the spare tire rim on it so no TPMS sensor on that wheel. I bought a OBDII scan tool that claims to read manufacture codes and generic codes but no codes are coming up for the constant TPMS dash light nor the transmission. I really want to figure out the tranny problems and I am guessing it's a shift solenoid that's stuck or broken but I can't read the codes!!! Anybody have any clue if t is a wiring problem in the explorer or the OBDII scanner that has the problems? The scanner doesn't say it has errors but I thought it was odd that the OBDII port on the car only has 8 wires out of 16 going to it... Anyone know how many wires are supposed to connect there? Attached is a picture of the port. Thanks a lot!!! BTW sorry for the link image I can't figure out how to input the image onto the board. https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzojNZze7c97UGNCUWFyYUtjUzQ

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. drdoom

drdoom Well-Known Member

City, State:
      VA
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2005 Eddie Bauer 4.6L 4X4
      Many scanners won't read Ford transmission codes. Try a different scanner or also the open-source software ForScan is very good.