Obsessed with cleaning & drought | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Obsessed with cleaning & drought

Oaky , some time ago we all posted about how many of us wash out Ex's three and four time a week , top and bottom , inside and out.
Much of the US is in drought conditions and many are under water restrictions. Where I live in Maryland is one such place.
I want to do my part and conserve but I have got to take care of my Ex. Any body have any ideas on how I can keep her clean with out water ??

Ironic that we are in drought conditions but the earth is like 70% water ...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by VairKing
I always use armor all on my tires too. The problem with the stuff you buy is that it is too shiny, I hate that shiney look, I just like em clean, black, and just a hint of wetness. I have heard people use brake fluid on their tires, but that makes em glossy too...

I love the shine that emits from tire care products - the shinier the better. It's a signature of someone who knows how to take care of their tires. :cool:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

For tires I really like Zaino Z16. It gives it a nice deep black look without being too shiny, plus it lasts a long time too. Here's what it looks like on my tires:

Back2.jpg

Mike

Hey Mike, do you know what's up with the autopia site lately? It kept saying server not found.

Yes VairKing, I hate that shiny/wet look too!! Just like you I want clean black tires.:D

If ya don't want shiny tires, I suggest using the Maguiar's tire gel. The one in black bottle, not the purple bottle. It gives you a satin black shine so it's just perfect. You'll love it.

Hmm, maybe I will give that a try. A hint for all of you that want your white letters and rubber lookin like new with minimal scrubbing, go get yourself a bottle of Westly's Bleach White. This stuff is awesome...You just spray it on, let it soak a couple minutes, wipe it off, rinse, and your tires look like brand new! Soo easy!

Originally posted by '96explorereddiebauer
If ya don't want shiny tires, I suggest using the Maguiar's tire gel. The one in black bottle, not the purple bottle. It gives you a satin black shine so it's just perfect. You'll love it.
Yeah , that stuff goes give that exact " clean but not shiney " look , that I too prefer. However it is a bit on the messy side. Wipe it down with a rag after it sets in ( espicially before you drive )

Back