# of Cat Converters 1999 Explorer XLT | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

# of Cat Converters 1999 Explorer XLT

jrose

Reaction score
City, State
huntington beach ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 ford explorer XLT
Hey everybody, I just found this cool site while looking for info on cats for a 1999 Exp XLT.
The Dealer says it needs new cat(s) and it'll cost about $2ooo.
A quick web search shows prices from $56 up to $500+.

I should mention that this will be for a California Explorer. (Thank you for your sympathy).

So how many cats does this model have? And how can I order the correct configuration cat(s)?

Thanks for any info you can provide!

You could look under there and count them... Ordering new cat pipes for california exhaust from places like summit are going to be under to around $1000 depending on if you have a v6 of v8. Or you can go to an exhaust shop and have it done for a little more. You can get decent california exhaust cats for around $90 a piece, but... You will have to cut out the old ones and weld the new ones in. Plus, they use a couple different cats. Unless you have a pretty fair idea of what you are doing, I don't recommend going that route though...

Either buy the replacement pipes and put those in yourself, or have an exhaust shop do the work for you.

FIND,
Thanks for this,
I should have mentioned that I don't have the car yet, and I'm trying to figure out what the new cats will cost- approx.
It's a V6 XLT '99 Explr.

Back