Official Colorado Colors Run 09 - Ouray: Sept 4-7th, 2009 | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Official Colorado Colors Run 09 - Ouray: Sept 4-7th, 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man it is tempting. I was there last August. We didn't get to do everythting we wanted as some folks had a bit of trouble. I'm leaving for a trip up north this weekend and will finish up with a week near Breckenridge the first of August. I like dispersed camping (free). Not going to have the $$$'s to go again. Maybe next year.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Man those pics are amazing, Id love to go, but not sure I will have my EX ready for the trip and wife is not fond of driving it all the way out there. I guess for us Missouri guys wouldnt be a bad idea for someone to drive truck and trailer.

Well I now have off work Sept 3-7th, just need to get explorer built. Gmasn this should make you happy :)

Well I now have off work Sept 3-7th, just need to get explorer built. Gmasn this should make you happy :)

Woot! :bounce::bounce::bounce:

Get your reservations made quick! This is really good news! I'm totally stoked you 2 are going!

OH man... If all goes well with my new Explorer getting here and I have a bit of time to test it locally then I might try to make it...

As for lodging the KOA has the little cabins if you don't want to "camp"... They're 60 a night... Basically its shelter and a cot, bring your bag still though... Thats the way I'll go if i'm going to come out... I really hate setting up my tent and all that crap!!!

Well count me and my wife in we both now have off 2-7th, just have to get explorer ready but shouldnt be a problem. We will leave tuesday and get there wed afternoon. Likley camping with tents in the KOA.

hmm Ouray is only like 3hrs or so from Moab??? i may have to take off monday and tuesday also. If im allready that close.

Hmm Gman, I took off whole week now and My wife is off, were leaving sunday night August 30th, but plan to go to Moab 1st, be there tue/wed/thur, then head to ouray thursday night and remain there thru sunday.

Hmm Gman, I took off whole week now and My wife is off, were leaving sunday night August 30th, but plan to go to Moab 1st, be there tue/wed/thur, then head to ouray thursday night and remain there thru sunday.

Sounds good. See you on Thursday night,in Ouray!

If for whatever reason Moab doesn't work out, we will be in Leadville Mon-Thur morning - you are welcome to join us.

Moab sounds like a good plan to me as well. However that means an entire week off work, not sure how I could work that out. I will start working on it though.

Yep, at this point we will do Moab then Ouray. Will be the best week ever. cant wait to go home tonight and start wrenching, makes it much easier when you have something u wanna go do. But if Moab is to radical for us by ourselves, then Gman we may try and meet up with you all alittle earlier. Sometime my wife wants to go horse back riding so may see if anything is available, while were there.

Looks like I am out this time boys. I got tickets to Taking back sunday, weezer and Blink 182 that sunday. It pretty much foils my plan!

Reservations made: Super 8 in Leadville, Ridgway-Ouray Lodge and Suites in Ouray.

6 1/2 weeks to go!!! :bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

Phew 6 weeks, with Plenty of wrenching to do. But I will be ready!

SWWWEEEETTT!!! I might be out there that weekend with a couple of jeep buddies :rolleyes: Let me get back to you and hopefully I will be able to at least see you guys out there. And I would hate for the Ranger crowd to be under-represented ;)

OH man... If all goes well with my new Explorer getting here and I have a bit of time to test it locally then I might try to make it...

As for lodging the KOA has the little cabins if you don't want to "camp"... They're 60 a night... Basically its shelter and a cot, bring your bag still though... Thats the way I'll go if i'm going to come out... I really hate setting up my tent and all that crap!!!

There's another option if you don't want to tent it at the KOA. When Ashli and I got married in Moab we fourwheeled over to Ouray for our honeymoon. We stayed in an honest-to-gosh 1800's hotel downtown which as I recall was called the Western Hotel and was the oldest surviving building west of the Rockies. It had the original saloon downstairs and the room we stayed in had a journal that guests had written notes in for decades noting ghost sightings and stuff. It was also quite reasonable rates. The two front corner rooms were huge and had their own bathrooms, but if you stay in the other rooms you have to walk down the hall to a bathroom - still pretty fancy considering it was built when the West was first getting settled. If I ever get back to Ouray again that's where I'll stay again.

Here's a photo. That's Ashli up on the balcony and Herc parked below with "Just Married" scribblings all over it.

Attachments

• WesternHotelOuray.JPG
    WesternHotelOuray.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 913

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

did you get it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back