*OFFICIAL* I Received My MFT - MyFord Touch Software Thread. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

*OFFICIAL* I Received My MFT - MyFord Touch Software Thread.

drober30

Reaction score
City, State
Grand Blanc, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited 302A
Lets post here as to when we received the software update from Ford in the mail and what city/state you live in.

This will give us all an idea as to when the software update is being received and where.

*** UPDATE****

It seems as if the mailings are starting to arrive with a few confirmed reports. Start watching for the mail person!

*** As of 3/17/12 there has been several forum members that has received the update via the mail. They are located in PA, NJ, WI MD, NY and CA ******

It seems as if they area arriving so I wil no longer update this post. Keep watching for yours!

*** UPDATE ****

Received mine today (3-21-12), Grand Blanc, MI

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not yet?

The announcement was that it was shipping "this week" which means that Ford may have only begun sending them out (or will shortly). My guess is that they are using USPS, which means I wouldn't expect to see many until maybe Tuesday of next week. A couple may arrive earlier than that, but I wouldn't expect many. Plus, with 300k to send, it could be up to 2 weeks before some users see the upgrade.

Plus, with 300k to send, it could be up to 2 weeks before some users see the upgrade.

The article that I read stated that they were to start shipping on March 8 and the shipments would be spread over "several weeks." Hope it's not alphabetical. :mad:

The announcement was that it was shipping "this week" which means that Ford may have only begun sending them out (or will shortly). My guess is that they are using USPS, which means I wouldn't expect to see many until maybe Tuesday of next week. A couple may arrive earlier than that, but I wouldn't expect many. Plus, with 300k to send, it could be up to 2 weeks before some users see the upgrade.

USPS...great. I hope whoever receives mine will have it forwarded to my address.

Did we confirm they ship to the address you registered with SYNCMYRIDE?

Or is it the address you have registered with Ford Customer Service?

I'm not sure, I asked Rebecca in the official thread and she replied that she would check our addresses in their system if we PM her with our VIN and the address.

If you aren't sure, just PM her.

I Got it

I got it installed today
Im in fargo ND, much faster than old version this is how it should have been a year ago when i got my EX

thanks ford

I got it installed today
Im in fargo ND, much faster than old version this is how it should have been a year ago when i got my EX

thanks ford

Dealer installed or did it arrive in the mail?

Just got an email from Ford saying that the upgrade is ready and that I will be receiving a USB drive "over the next few weeks." I guess I can stop checking the mail every day because "the next few weeks" sounds like it may take a while. Oh well, I can wait a little longer.

I'm not sure, I asked Rebecca in the official thread and she replied that she would check our addresses in their system if we PM her with our VIN and the address.

If you aren't sure, just PM her.

I PMed her 2 days ago but still no reply, would like to know myself.

I called an 800-392-4040 number I saw on one of the links a member posted. It was a Ford rep answering questions on the update and she told me that they are acting on info from Ford not Syncmyride for shipping. I guess partly because I don't think you are not obligated to register with syncmyride.

Peter

File is up for download on synmyride.com.....just sign in and dl

File is up for download on synmyride.com.....just sign in and dl
Still need the new SD card if you have Nav. I think I'll wait for the mailman. Thanks for the info.

Peter

No download option

I just went to the site, and there is no option to download the update...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Its there, I'm downloading it now from syncmyride.com

I do have Nav, but I am still downloading it and keeping it in a safe place as a backup.

Anyone have a copy of the files on the new NAV SD card :D I'll just copy them onto a spare SD card and insert :D

Back