*OFFICIAL* I Received My MFT - MyFord Touch Software Thread. | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

*OFFICIAL* I Received My MFT - MyFord Touch Software Thread.

I successfully installed the update from the Sync My Ride download. No problems, though the actual update took a bit longer than I anticipated, over an hour. Seems fine so far, though it's too early to say whether the bluetooth audio flakiness will be any better than 2.11. We'll see.

I'm not really getting the dramatic speed improvements that everyone seems to be reporting. The old fade in/fade out ruse creates the illusion of speed, but I really don't see the actual screens appearing and quicker than under 2.11. But then I never felt like it was terribly slow before.

No problems yet, so I can't complain.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sooooooo, how is the bluetooth after the update? Waiting on mine in the mail, since I have Nav...

I haven't had many of the issues most ppl have, but im most curious about the bluetooth noise on calls being fixed.

I did the update from SyncMyRide and just completed it (minus the navi) about two hours ago. Did some thorough testing, playing and tried my best to jam the system up and I must say, I am floored with the exceptional performance of the MFT now! Ford has nailed it...

NOTE:
I called my dealer earlier today and they were willing to do it without having the SD card for the Navigation. (they gave me the disclaimer of "your navi won't work until you get the SD" card) The only problem was that they did not have time to do it for me until Saturday. I felt fairly comfortable trying the downloaded version onto my own USB since the dealer was willing to do it and I have a history with this place so feel that they know their job well enough.

So far, even the compass is working. The only error that I get is a Navigation card fault. It asks for the new maps.

Obviously it's a do this at your own risk type of thing but I am personally happy I tried it. Lastly, you can always do another installation when you get the drive/card in the mail.

AGAIN, TRY THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK.....

I installed from the actual ford thumb drive at home and drove back to the dealership to give back the drive they loaned me and the navigation was doing the same thing with the compass on the way there. The manager asked how it was with the new update. Once I told him it was fine minus the nav portion he gave me the card to complete the update. it popped in and viola I had nav.

No one has received the update in the mail yet?

Anticipation is killing me.

Can't we get someone to host both the MFT file and the new map files for those of us with NAV?

No. It's had a torrent linked and has been deleted once already.

We're not going there.

I don't think that copying the map files from one SD card to another will work. It certainly doesn't work for Garmin.

Anticipation is killing me.

Can't we get someone to host both the MFT file and the new map files for those of us with NAV?

I know how you feel BUT do yourself a favor and don't download something that could screw up your system. Heck it is on Syncmyride if you want it that bad just say you don't have Nav, That could also be a mess....check with Rebecca and see if it is OK.

I would rather wait a week...I have enough troubles with MFT. :(

The email I got said we should be getting the package "in the next few weeks." While knowing the update is out there is driving me crazy (I have nav so I guess I have to wait), I am willing to give Ford till the end of the month to get it to me (after all, it is still the 1st quarter and not July or later as some predicted).

I just hope the update fixes my issues.

Are different folks getting different messages on syncmyride.com? For me, I login but don't see any options to download any updates. When I click on 'Update and Customize' it says 'The Perfrance Update is now available, Contact your local dealer ... clicking on that just gives me dealer info and a print out.

Could it be that they haven't rolled it out to everyone? Or is it based on model? I am an early adopter 2011-Dec, hope that is not the reason for denying me the download :(

I also haven't gotten any emails from Ford notifying me of the update.
I get the same message you get. Glad its not just me. NO e-mails, just a lot of waiting.

Are different folks getting different messages on syncmyride.com? For me, I login but don't see any options to download any updates. When I click on 'Update and Customize' it says 'The Perfrance Update is now available, Contact your local dealer ... clicking on that just gives me dealer info and a print out.

Could it be that they haven't rolled it out to everyone? Or is it based on model? I am an early adopter 2011-Dec, hope that is not the reason for denying me the download :(

I also haven't gotten any emails from Ford notifying me of the update.
Do you have Nav.?

Good day all,

I phoned my car dealership today and they said they dont have the update yet. (930am)

Then i called the 800-392-4040 number from page one.
I told him i was from canada and he said i will be getting a letter to take to the dealership in a few weeks for the update.
He also said i would NOT be getting any usb or nav card in the mail, that i would have to bring the car to the dealership for the update and nav card.

The last thing he said was the update hasnt been released in Canada yet.

So who knows when ill get it.

Nope, I do not have Nav.

@darenberg, me too ... glad to know I am not the only one with this problem ... my only explanation is that the previous (2.11) upgrade was done by the dealer and hence the site/system must have assumed I'd need to take it back there.

Do you have Nav.?

i have the nav and the 2.11 update was done at home.

I have it

A friend of mine got it from the syncmyride.com site and set it to my dropbox account. I just finished installing in my 2011 Ford Explorer that syncmyride.com informed me that the dealer would need to do my install and it worked perfectly. Much nicer system now and I've tested most everything.

Also, I confirmed I would not be receiving the update usb stick in the mail and would need to take it to the dealer. I did that and they claimed the Ford site was down all day so they couldn't update my system. I lack patience and am glad I chose to update it myself.

Shame on you again Ford!

Well, after over 15 months with my wounded Explorer, I was hoping that Ford had turned a corner nd learned from the past... But, I guess I should have my head examined for thinking that.

I called my local dealer today, to schedule my appointment for the upgrade. I was told by the service advisor that I currently had the latest update (2.11), and that it would be months before another version was available. Seriously??? I asked to talk with the service advisor, and he said he would schedule an Ppointment for me Wednesday morning, but could guarantee anything as he hadn't received any information on an upgrade. For those of you keeping score, the count is 0-2...

After the train wreck of a phone call to my local Ford dealer, I called the IVT team to provide some needed feedback on the continued poor performance of the Ford family. I was told that the dealer should have had all the information, and they asked what dealer I went to so they could follow up with them. I was also told that they are not prepared to install the complete update, as the dealers do not have the A3 SD cards for the NAV. So, I asked why we were being told to make appointments if the dealers were not capable of installing the complete update... She was not able to answer this question, but told me if I wanted to escalate my complaint, I could... Like that has done me a lot of good over the last year! Oh, and she was able to tell me that my upgrade package hadn't shipped yet, but she was going to put a rush order on it and I would have it in 14 days or less.

Ford, I hope I'm speaking for more than myself, but shame on you! You continue to let this issue lingere, and although there was a time that I was understanding, I am not any longer. You have officially lost a loyal Ford customer of over 20 years! And sadly, it's not because the system doesn't work correctly, it's because you haven't been honest with the consumer and continue to fair miserably with the execution of a fix... The lack of accountability on Ford's part is despicable!

Did I mention the A-pillar rattle??? STRIKE 3!

Well, after over 15 months with my wounded Explorer, I was hoping that Ford had turned a corner nd learned from the past... But, I guess I should have my head examined for thinking that.

I called my local dealer today, to schedule my appointment for the upgrade. I was told by the service advisor that I currently had the latest update (2.11), and that it would be months before another version was available. Seriously??? I asked to talk with the service advisor, and he said he would schedule an Ppointment for me Wednesday morning, but could guarantee anything as he hadn't received any information on an upgrade. For those of you keeping score, the count is 0-2...

After the train wreck of a phone call to my local Ford dealer, I called the IVT team to provide some needed feedback on the continued poor performance of the Ford family. I was told that the dealer should have had all the information, and they asked what dealer I went to so they could follow up with them. I was also told that they are not prepared to install the complete update, as the dealers do not have the A3 SD cards for the NAV. So, I asked why we were being told to make appointments if the dealers were not capable of installing the complete update... She was not able to answer this question, but told me if I wanted to escalate my complaint, I could... Like that has done me a lot of good over the last year! Oh, and she was able to tell me that my upgrade package hadn't shipped yet, but she was going to put a rush order on it and I would have it in 14 days or less.

Ford, I hope I'm speaking for more than myself, but shame on you! You continue to let this issue lingere, and although there was a time that I was understanding, I am not any longer. You have officially lost a loyal Ford customer of over 20 years! And sadly, it's not because the system doesn't work correctly, it's because you haven't been honest with the consumer and continue to fair miserably with the execution of a fix... The lack of accountability on Ford's part is despicable!

Did I mention the A-pillar rattle??? STRIKE 3!

Sounds like bad dealer not Ford.

I would agree with you if this wasn't the third dealer the vehicle has been too... Two is SW Florida and one in Houston.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I had my Explorer into the dealership today and they upgraded mine to the new MFT and installed a new Nav card.

So far, so good....

Back