*OFFICIAL* I Received My MFT - MyFord Touch Software Thread. | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

*OFFICIAL* I Received My MFT - MyFord Touch Software Thread.

Got it, What a pretty blue envelope...

Got mine today. Vermont, July 2011 build, MY2012

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

MFT update received yesterday (3/22), I started the install 'press the ok' and now waiting for it to complete as I sit comfortable in the house :)

2012 Explorer
Medford, MA

So is your car running in the garage or driveway? :)

Was wondering if anybody just received a letter from Ford that states, the update must be done at the dealer, and did you receive a SD card only.

I am schedule for an update at my dealer, but skeptical that it will be programmed Via the IDS computer as required for all who must go to a dealer.

Per Ford Memo dated: March 5, 2012

"FSA 11A01 - Retail customers ineligible for self-installation who must return to the dealer for the PERFORMANCE UPGRADE (with and without navigation)
- These customers will receive only a letter directing them to return to the dealer to have the PERFORMANCE UPGRADE performed, as they have a version of MyFord/MyLincoln Touch software which requires a system reflash administered through the dealer’s IDS tool. Dealers
will use their seed stock of SD cards for navigation-equipped units"

"The 11A01 reprogramming procedure with IDS requires use of a computer, a battery charger, and the regular attention of the servicing technician throughout the download process."

I never received this letter, I checked sync website and it said that the dealership has to do the install. Called Ford who verified this. :mad: I then contacted my dealership the earliest they can get me in is April 7th. It will take several hours to do but they did confirm that they will provide the SD card for navigation.

Fun stuff

MFT update received yesterday (3/22), I started the install 'press the ok' and now waiting for it to complete as I sit comfortable in the house :)

2012 Explorer
Medford, MA

OK, update completed in about 55 minutes...clicked the ok at the end and waiting a few minutes. Viola...looked ok so I inserted Nav card.

And yes, car was running in driveway, LOL!!! Thanks all for your posts and sharing your lessons-learned. Now I'll let wifey test it out as she runs some errands.

MFT update usb and Navi card received today 3/23.
Stamford, CT

Update received today in Little Rock, AR. Installing now.

Back