*OFFICIAL* MFT - MyFord Touch v2 Software Bugs and Fixes Thread | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

*OFFICIAL* MFT - MyFord Touch v2 Software Bugs and Fixes Thread

Posting this reluctantly - I really wanted the update to deliver the goods.

Today, though, the reverse camera stayed on after putting the car back in Drive. Only way I could find to get it to turn off again was turning the car off and on.

Other than this, the update has been fantastic and performed very much as it should. So I really hope this isn't the sign of things to come.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Every time I touch "My Temp" it says temperature stored. So it does not allow me to actually set and keep a temperature.

*Update*

This seems to have sorted itself out and has been working now.

Updated last week. Most times the phone will not dial. Using voice control it says calling xyz but then does nothing. After a while it will say call ended although it never connected. Using touch pad same thing. I have a DroidX. Never had this problem with 2.11. Did master reset and did the usb reboot app. No change. Dealer did the "dealer required" update. 11A02 complete IDS my touch reprogram.

Strange how some are getting bugs and having stuff crap the bed. I can't understand why some have absolutely no problems whatsoever and others have more trouble than you can shake a stick at. Mine has been problem free for almost a month now. Not slowing down at all. I still think it's the APIM's.

I was bug free before the update never once has a problem. I would think if my APIM was bad it would have been bad before the update. I have a sneaking suspicion that either the SD card is corrupted or maybe they didn't give me a new one.

Does anyone have a picture of what the old card looks like vs the new one?

Not sure about the old Nav card, might have A1 or A2 on it really big, but the new version says A3 on it. Can't miss it.

Here are two issues I'm having (among others) with the MFT performance upgrade

VOICE-DIALED CALLS
When I make a voice-dialed call, MFT goes back to music before it connects the call. I added a non-working number to my phone book for this example(so I wouldn't show a real name/number on YouTube).

MFT "voids" the first four rings of voice-dialed calls and playing music instead. By the time the call connects, the phone has rang three or four times already. In cases where I'm calling a business with an operator that answers immediately, they often have already hung up by the time MFT connects the call. THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING!

You can see in the example below that by the time MFT connects the call, the non-existing number is already on the recording having played music during the four rings before the message.

REAR A/C GRAPHICS
Notice on the video below how the rear A/C graphics fail to render correctly. Whenever I press the REAR button, the fan speed and temperature gauges come up all blotchy before rendering correctly.

All this and other posts on this thread is absolutely ridiculous. There was so much hoopla about the performance upgrade and how great it was going to be. It's nothing by a piece of sh*t. #fordfail #myfordtouchfail

Jose

Installed my update last week and I'm frustrated as most of you posting here:

Climate - There's no fan speed icon in the lower right of the 4 quadrants anymore (between the L and R temperatures). Small annoyance.

Music - Specific to iPod
  • MFT does not properly play my playlists
  • If I click "Browse" and find the playlist, it shows up properly. But if I attempt to play it, it plays all songs on my iPod in a random order. (Shuffle is off)
  • If I manually select..let's say the #10 song out of 20 on a playlist...it will always start with "playing 1/20"...even if the song is #10 or #9 or #20 on the playlist. So no matter what song I select in the playlist, it says "playing 1/20"
  • It will then play random songs and the playlist count increases until it reaches 20/20...and the MFT audio freezes after reaching the end of the messed up playlist requiring me to unhook the iPod and reconnect it.

I also find it very difficult to "view" the songs in a playlist. Sometimes I don't want to click manually to find my song, I'd rather "see" it on the screen. To do this, you have to:
  • Maximize the music quadrant and select the device on the left
  • Click Browse or explore ..I cant remember.
  • Click Music
  • Select Playlist
  • Then you can view it

This is great..however... if you go back out into the navigation screen...and come back to the music screen..you need to repeat the entire process all over again. Not too easy if you're driving...so I usually just wait until I'm at a stop light.

Why can't MFT remember what screen you were on previously in another quadrant? I think this would be a very useful feature.

Also - I can't update my installation on syncmyride.com It says it can't find the "log"...although the install did complete. I've tried it on a PC and on a MacBook...but both are unable to read the USB drive?

Anyone else have the above problems?

Aloha,
Eric

FIRERUNT'S COMMENTS WERE DEAD ON ....

I have had the same problems as Firerunt previously reported ... Below is a list of the same issues I have come across AFTER updating the MFT software with the USB Stick

1) As stated previously, its annoying not to be able to see the Song Titles from Sirius on the bottom left corner of the home screen. I can only view them if I am in another window

2) There should be an option, like in the older version, to have just the wallpaper showing. I don't like the constant overlay.

3) After installing the upgrade, it worked fine for about 1 month and now the voice prompts just stopped working ... Whenever I press the voice control button - no beep, no prompts -but the bottom left corner states "listening". Nothing works ... Looks like I'll have to do ANOTHER MASTER RESET....This is getting to be real annoying ... I will be looking to get some sort of refund from FORD for this disaster called MY FORDTOUCH!!!!

4) In the Navigation Address Book, has anyone else not been able to put a space in? I have to add my saved locations as "FirstName-LastName"

I agree with Firerunt--- I dont know why they do Beta testing.....are you telling me that no one saw any of these issues we have mentioned? They really need to allow the real owners to do the testing for them. Guaranteed you would not have any of these issues if they were brought to light during their 4 month beta test.

Updated last week. Most times the phone will not dial. Using voice control it says calling xyz but then does nothing. After a while it will say call ended although it never connected. Using touch pad same thing. I have a DroidX. Never had this problem with 2.11. Did master reset and did the usb reboot app. No change. Dealer did the "dealer required" update. 11A02 complete IDS my touch reprogram.

I had this problem with a Droid X in version 2.11. The first time I call someone it doesn't go through. The next time it generally works. This is unchanged in the new version.

I had one instance where no matter how many times I tried it failed to connect and make a call. One time, it called and connected but there was no audio.

I fixed this by hard-resetting the phone (removing the battery with the phone on).

I actually blame the Droid on this one. Since the last software upgrade on the phone, Bluetooth has gotten worse. I actually found a Droid forum which was talking about this issue w.r.t. other telenav systems as well.

Also - I can't update my installation on syncmyride.com It says it can't find the "log"...although the install did complete. I've tried it on a PC and on a MacBook...but both are unable to read the USB drive?

Anyone else have the above problems?

Aloha,
Eric

Try submitting a vehicle health report - that will also update your version in syncmyride.com

Here are two issues I'm having (among others) with the MFT performance upgrade

VOICE-DIALED CALLS
When I make a voice-dialed call, MFT goes back to music before it connects the call. I added a non-working number to my phone book for this example(so I wouldn't show a real name/number on YouTube).

MFT "voids" the first four rings of voice-dialed calls and playing music instead. By the time the call connects, the phone has rang three or four times already. In cases where I'm calling a business with an operator that answers immediately, they often have already hung up by the time MFT connects the call. THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING!

You can see in the example below that by the time MFT connects the call, the non-existing number is already on the recording having played music during the four rings before the message.

aNx-kXbyY7c

REAR A/C GRAPHICS
Notice on the video below how the rear A/C graphics fail to render correctly. Whenever I press the REAR button, the fan speed and temperature gauges come up all blotchy before rendering correctly.

VT1FEqxnZKQ

All this and other posts on this thread is absolutely ridiculous. There was so much hoopla about the performance upgrade and how great it was going to be. It's nothing by a piece of sh*t. #fordfail #myfordtouchfail

Jose

I've had the first issue, but not the second issue.

Try unpairing/repairing your phone with a hard reset of your phone and a fuse pull. Seems as if the memory leaks have gotten to your MFT.

Baxterdown, Im having similar issues so I have started a Lemon Law case.

It seems each week something else doesn't work after the Performance Downgrade.

The big one now is I set the HVAC to 70 degrees and it blows ice cold air.

My phone pairs about 80% of the time now.

No BT audio streaming at all

The breadcrumbs on Navigation erase after every shutdown.

The preconfigured driver setting screens on either side of the steering wheel completely go back to default after every couple shut downs.

Screen stays black for 60-120 seconds after start up.

I love all the suggestions to "Do a Fuse Pull" or "Unpair and repair your phone" or "Do a Master Reset" and everything will work.

Sorry I didn't buy a 2011 $50K vehicle to get on my hands and knees to pull fuses or disconnect the battery every week.

Great idea with great promise but it simply doesn't work.

Took my 2012 to the Dealer I purchased it from to get the update this past Saturday. Originally I called Ford beforehand to ask them about the update and the Navigation card and they said the Dealer would do everything and give me a new Nav card.

Well I get there on Saturday and they're immediately playing dumb with me. Telling me that their computers are telling them I don't need the new update and then once we got that settled, they told me oh you're supposed to get the Nav card in the mail. On top of that, I made my appointment for 8am and got there shortly before that and the guy asks if I'm dropping the car off and I told him no, I'll just wait. He then tells me that it's gonna take up to 4 hours! I told him I was made aware it should take no more than 2. When all was said and done, it took 3 hours and they did give me the new Nav card.

Verdict is still out on the new version. I kinda like the old one better. I feel like this update is extremely user friendly and over simplified. Everything has worked fine so far, except one time I was backing up and the picture of my rear camera was scrolling on my screen. Never saw that before and it hasn't happened again since. I was surprised I didn't have to reprogram my radio stations and wallpapers, as I thought they would be wiped clean.

Baxterdown, Im having similar issues so I have started a Lemon Law case.

It seems each week something else doesn't work after the Performance Downgrade.

The big one now is I set the HVAC to 70 degrees and it blows ice cold air.

My phone pairs about 80% of the time now.

No BT audio streaming at all

The breadcrumbs on Navigation erase after every shutdown.

The preconfigured driver setting screens on either side of the steering wheel completely go back to default after every couple shut downs.

Screen stays black for 60-120 seconds after start up.

I love all the suggestions to "Do a Fuse Pull" or "Unpair and repair your phone" or "Do a Master Reset" and everything will work.

Sorry I didn't buy a 2011 $50K vehicle to get on my hands and knees to pull fuses or disconnect the battery every week.

Great idea with great promise but it simply doesn't work.

Were you having these problems before the update?

No, none of them other then the phone connection issues that everyones experiencing.

No, none of them other then the phone connection issues that everyones experiencing.

What has been your dealer's response?

Those are some pretty serious problems. I have heard that for some people the new software has messed up the APIM to the point of needing a replacement, where before the new software their APIM was fine, but the update process somehow causes it to fail.

The dealer is great, very understanding and continue to shake their heads as well. I actually feel a little sorry for them because they are trying to support something that IVT really doesnt know how to.

They say the usual.....Master reset, Re-pair your phone, bring it in.......we cant replicate it ....sorry....sorry.....sorry.

Like most people, I dont have time in my life to stand at the dealer once a week explaining the issues, it just doesnt work as advertised to its time to move on.

The dealer is great, very understanding and continue to shake their heads as well. I actually feel a little sorry for them because they are trying to support something that IVT really doesnt know how to.

They say the usual.....Master reset, Re-pair your phone, bring it in.......we cant replicate it ....sorry....sorry.....sorry.

Like most people, I dont have time in my life to stand at the dealer once a week explaining the issues, it just doesnt work as advertised to its time to move on.

Yeah, same here. I don't have time to take my car to the dealer very often so any problems are pretty annoying.

The only thing I can think of is a bad APIM. Not sure why the dealer doesn't try this as it seems as if it were a software problem more people would be reporting this.

I feel for you. You are one of the best contributors on this site and I think if you do file a lemon law, it will be a shame to lose your input on here.

Good luck man.

At the same time, I'm starting to worry that while (knock on wood) my Explorer is generally fine (albeit with annoyances like a crappy wallpaper selection tool and some flaky USB issues) - it's just a matter of time. :(

Several others on here have had APIM replacements and the problems continued.

I think it's still the memory issues related to Flash that many of the programmers on here have explained over and over again.

Anyone can live with little bugs, thats part of being on the bleeding edge, but basic functionality and features must work in order to use the product.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Several others on here have had APIM replacements and the problems continued.

I think it's still the memory issues related to Flash that many of the programmers on here have explained over and over again.

Anyone can live with little bugs, thats part of being on the bleeding edge, but basic functionality and features must work in order to use the product.

yeah, it's hard to know. Still, I'm surprised they haven't suggested trying it. It would certainly rule out bad hardware.

Ford's still got a lot to learn in developing electronics.

Back