Oil Change | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Oil Change

Naother thing to consider would be a quick drain type oil plug replacement. It saves a lot of work......

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by Crankcase
Naother thing to consider would be a quick drain type oil plug replacement. It saves a lot of work......

I sure like mine.....

Originally posted by DeagleDave
guys this isn't rocket science....change it whenever you want if you can handle the heat. we are not driving precision race cars with blueprinted engines. it's not that big a deal...and as far as filling the filter up with oil before you install...either way is ok. But a dry start up will not occur because some oil always remains behind, not like you're wiping down the inside of the engine. and even so filling the filter with oil wouldn't prevent a dry startup.

Wow, who stepped on your toes. No one was even debating about a time to change their oil. I may not have a blueprinted engine but i sure would like to keep mine running as good as it can for as long as it can.

My same thoughts Josh.:thumbsup:

i meant change it whenever as in engine being hot or cold, hence if you can handle the heat

actually it is much better to fill the filter nearly full first. That means fill it, wait 10 seocnds for it to soak in, fill it again... When I didnt do this once I could hear hte engine start ticking. This never happens when I fill it up all the way. Do as much as you can to not have avoidable dry starts.

As for the temp issue, it has nothing to do with being a race engine, blueprinted or whatever. Simple fact is that slightly warm engine oil will run out faster and more completely than cold oil will. No need to burn the hell out of yourself either

Back